View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:04 AM   #115
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And my gut tells me that they don't let Neville go for walking out. I think they'd rather take the loss in the paychecks than see him go all over the world as the hot free agent that stuck it to them. And I imagine Daniel Bryan re-signs with WWE too. I think they'll pay him something like $5 million for 5 years, and Bryan has a family and a Bella brand to think about as well.

CM Punk is a guy that I can actually see re-signing with the WWE at some point, because they're going to need stars, and he's one of the few active guys they could feasibly book. Sure, he left on sour terms, but he's going to want to make that counter-lawsuit disappear, and he's going to need money and to regenerate that fan perception of him so he can keep banking out on his rep with other projects. He may look like a hypocrite for going back, but I think fans will lose themselves in it. And his thing was always the main event. If the Royal Rumble is in Chicago next year, don't be shocked if Punk enters, wins, and faces "Corporate Boy" Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35. Neither will technically be a heel, but Punk will get free range to call Reigns on his shit, and Reigns can fire back (scripted, of course) to remind Punk that he took his ball and went home and said he'd never be back, but has come back for a shot a glory, etc.

It's Punk's clear shot and Vince arguably "needs" him more than ever. Taker, Cena and Brock are going to do it this year, but if Brock decides he's done, Taker goes and Cena just can't schedule around his Hollywood stuff...yikes.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote