View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #776
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If your rating scale is similar to that of a diving or figure skating competition then I would say you are right. There are flaws in the match, things that didn't go well, that are sloppy or not smooth. But if your scale is like Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB then I think those technical aspect are mute and the whole picture - lights, camera and sound are what make up a match.

I think Pro Wrestling matches are too subjective to be judged like a diving competition, but rating them the same way we rate movies to me makes the most sense. Citizen Kane is hailed as one of the great movies of all time but most people who love film, have the average millennial watch it and they will be asleep or swiping on their phone in minutes.

For me, the whole tornado that swept up NJPW with Alpha/Omega turned out to be five stars because the match was non-stop fun, really hard hitting, and very gritty. The lack of perfection made it perfect. It reminds me of Cena/Punk at MITB, a modern classic.

I'm not trying to sway your opinion though, I'm glad you enjoyed it too.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote