View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #197
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Vince's reaction to the sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
As it turned out, Raw got killed last night by the Olympics.

The show did 2.90 million viewers, which, with the exception of holiday shows, broke the 19-year record low of 2.95 million viewers set on November 23, 2015 ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.95 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.97 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.81 million viewers
1st Hour ended up being a big cause for the overall drop since it was around 500k less than last week. Olympics ate away some of the viewers but at a less chunk than the Olympics did against RAW in 2012. For some historical perspective, RAW had around 4.5 million viewers for its 1st week against the Olympics in 2012.

Quote:
The second round of roster announcements were revealed for WWE 2K17 today, with The Rock, Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, Triple H, and others joining the roster.
Link to the updated rosters for 2k17: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...-roster-reveal

Quote:
One of professional wrestling's fastest rising stars will soon be making his debut for Ring of Honor.

At the end of a video update hosted by Kevin Kelly, it was revealed that Will Ospreay will debut for ROH on their tour of the United Kingdom later this year.

There was speculation that Ospreay would be exclusive to EVOLVE in the United States after Paul Heyman presented Ospreay with an EVOLVE contract on behalf of Gabe Sapolsky during Heyman's speaking series in the U.K. last month, but Dave Meltzer reported that nothing had been officially signed.

Ospreay is under contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling, and their relationship with ROH would seem to make them a natural fit for his U.S. home, but whether Ospreay will compete stateside for ROH remains to be seen.
Link to the video announcement: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/...r-debut-218291

Quote:
WWE Champion Dean Ambrose appeared on the Stone Cold Podcast with Steve Austin last night on the WWE Network after Raw went off the air and had interesting comments about his match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32 earlier this year.

Lesnar defeated Ambrose in convincing fashion at WWE's biggest event of the year, and Ambrose provided a glimpse into how the match was put together.

“It was pretty cool, you know? I went to the ring that night pretty pissed off, and then, as I walked to the ring, I had no idea what was gonna happen." Ambrose said. "Went out there with not much of a plan so to speak. I felt like I was pulling teeth to turn that match into something epic.”

After further prodding from Austin, Ambrose said, “Artistically, Brock didn’t want to do anything if you want me to be perfectly honest. Because you know, Brock’s gonna Brock. He’s all about Brock."

"I had a vision for that match to be the craziest thing imaginable, you know what I mean? And I was trying to pitch everything to everybody and had every idea. I put so much effort in and so much work in, and other people did too, and I was met with laziness.”
Being speculated Lesnar didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize his chance at a future UFC fight since he had been in talks for one as part of his contract extension.

Quote:
Now that he is officially no longer under contract with WWE, Ryback's first wrestling dates outside of a WWE ring have been booked.

The Big Guy will compete for the New York area-based Wrestlepro promotion on October 14th in Cresskill, NJ and on October 15th in Brooklyn, NY ...

He will also appear at WrestleCade in Winston-Salem, NC in November, and was billed as "The Big Guy" for the appearance.
Biggest thing about the announcement revealed the WWE's attempt at getting Ryback's "The Big Guy" trademark removed ended in failure for them.

Quote:
SummerSlam will take place on August 21st at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. The updated card is:
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
  • Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
  • WWE Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler in a championship match
  • John Cena vs. AJ Styles
  • WWE Women's Champion Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in a championship match
  • United States Champion Rusev vs. Roman Reigns in a championship match
  • Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Apollo Crews in a championship match
  • WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston) vs. The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) in a championship match
  • Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
Quote:
In advance of his scheduled UFC debut in September, FOX Sports will air a series documenting CM Punk’s transition from the squared circle to the Octagon starting next Monday.

The four-part series titled "Evolution of Punk" will conclude on September 10th. Director Rory Karpf, who has worked on several sports documentaries including editions of the ESPN 30 for 30 series, announced the premiere date via his Twitter account on Monday.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Newsweek had a recent article about Pat Patterson's career and his new book: http://www.newsweek.com/pat-patterso...ing-and-487721
  • Recent rumor around the net teased the backlash from Conor McGregor's recent rants against the WWE might have put future deals and agreements between the WWE and UFC at jeopardy. Pretty much everyone in the WWE except the McMahon family and Triple H were trashed by McGregor.
  • Observer had an article dealing with recent updates tothe Gawker-Hogan trial with one of the biggest being Gawker trying to clean up their image to attract a potential new buyer. http://www.f4wonline.com/news/hulk-h...-powers-218106
  • According to PWI, WWE is planning on introducing another new belt for either Smackdown or RAW as part of current plans for Smackdown to get their own set of tag and women's belts. Article itself was locked behind a paywall so not sure if its related to a recent poll by the WWE or the teasing of the cruiserweight division getting its own belt.
  • Also according to PWI, another RAW this week had Smackdown wrestlers involved for the post-show match. This time being Bray Wyatt against Randy Orton in a quick match.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 17th anniversary of Chris Jericho's debut in the WWE.
  • According to a recent episode of the Observer Radio show, WWE is currently planning on rushing Reigns right back into the WWE title scene if his feud against Rusev ends up being very successful for him in terms of crowds. Also teased WWE doesn't consider Balor as a possible top star for the RAW brand.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote