View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:31 PM   #57
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post

I made this joke in the Raw/USA deal thread, but if they could get NBC on-board with it (and that would be the hardest part), I don't think it is actually as nutter-butter insane as that first looks.

Okay, it seems pretty insane, but the fact that they are a cable channel and a network makes the idea more workable. You are going to have people that don't have USA watching SmackDown, but Raw comes with the larger WWE audience. In a weird sort of way, I can see it boosting the overall viewership, because I don't think the split would be that much.

So instead of 3 million people watching Raw on Monday and then 2 million watching SmackDown on Tuesday, I think you could have 2.5 million people watching Raw and 2 million watching SmackDown. That's 4.5 million for WWE, which hopefully drives up interest in both shows over time. It'd be an "investment" for NBC, and would need to be pitched as such. But it's something you could always change if it just cuts into Raw's audience and SmackDown doesn't get a boost from being on a network and the idea of competition isn't driving up the ratings.

Ideally, since Vince and Kevin Dunn can't be in two places at once, this would allow for two completely different styles of production and, hopefully, creative (Vince would no doubt still be involved, but he can't be as "hands on").

Weirdly enough, I think it would be worth a shot. In a "real world angle" sort of way, it might be a way to get people talking if you can get it past investors and NBC as anything other than "Why the fuck would you shoot yourself in the foot?"
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote