View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:45 AM   #336
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What doesn't sit well with me when discussing things like this is the inherent fact that someone is lying. Either the woman is lying or Enzo is lying. It's possible both are lying. It's possible both think they are telling the truth, but objective reality suggests that they can't both be telling it. What's really unsettling to me is just how comfortable a lot of dudes are with saying that it's the chick that's lying. You don't even need to say that Enzo is lying, but the idea that this is just a dark and messy situation with a definitive victim (of some description) that they should not have to go through is kind of brushed aside in favor of "she's a crack whore, she can't be trusted." Not an actual quote from anyone, but the sentiment floats around and it makes me want to destroy the entire internet.

People that aren't perceived as having any credibility can be raped too. Homeless people, drug addicts, compulsive liars. It doesn't just exist for good girls who tell the truth all the time and don't touch coke. I wonder how many of the people crying poor Enzo would honestly defend a woman in this situation if she came up on charges without there being enough evidence that she was actually making it up? I think Dale would, and I'd like to think #fan and Destor would, but it's something to give some thought about whether or not this is really about a lack of evidence, or just what the charge implies.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote