Thread: Overwatch 2ish
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 04:15 AM   #682
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What Kalyx said.

I consider myself a pretty damn good mercy. Most of the time when I solo que, I pick mercy. Mainly because I don't trust randos to heal. She seems like a brain dead character on the surface so a lot of new players pick her, but staying alive against a good team is a very difficult challenge. Every character requires situational awareness, but with Mercy, it needs to be laser focused. You need to be constantly aware of where your teammates are, not only to heal them, but to have an escape route if a flanker gets through. You also need to be able to make split second decisions on whether its worth flying over to help someone, or if it would put you in too much danger.

Couple other tips:

Don't forget about her damage boost. A lot of players new to mercy, myself included, focus so much on healing that they underutilize this ability. You need to be constantly switching back and forth, buffing damage as much as you possibly can.

Use your pistol. Another thing people often forget about. Mercy's pistol actually does a surprising amount of damage. Whenever most Mercy's get cornered, their first instinct is to run away, even though they know they're fucked. Pull out your pistol and give them a fight. You may die, but you'll take some of their health with you, and that can make a difference in a game of inches like this. Hell, if you're good enough and they're bad enough you might even win. I've beaten DPS 1v1 with Mercy before.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote