View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #35358
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah Emma's definitely a goner. Just going through the roster with who I think could be cut:

Main roster:

Alicia Fox: As much as I like Alicia Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, they don't really do anything with her other than placing her in dating storylines which invariably result in her going batshit crazy. Then the storyline ends and she's left with nothing again. She's been on the main roster for 9 years at this point and hasn't done much save for a quick Divas Title run and that 5 star classic with Melina.

The Colons: Another tag team bites the dust. The only reason this might not happen is because Primo's out with a knee injury and firing him while hurt may be viewed as a dick move, but them setting up a store on Pro Wrestling Tees seemed telling.

Dolph Ziggler: This might be viewed as "the big one" but I don't think it'd be any real surprise. He's been creatively frustrated for years and even after a much-needed heel turn hasn't done much of importance. Nakamura even said on Talking Smack (RIP) that Dolph wanted to go to Japan. He'll be in Bullet Club before the end of the year.

Luke Harper: I'm torn - I want to be wrong with this one because I think WWE are missing the boat on him big time. But at the same time they've squandered so many chances to get Harper over. Are they really gonna just start teaming him with Rowan again as Breezango's attackers or move him to Raw to make him a Wyatt for the 12th time? He could be doing so much more and at 37 with 15 years of wrestling under his belt maybe it's best to set him free while he's still got some gas in the tank.

Mickie James: They don't seem compelled to use her so she might just be on the way out. This most recent run will get conveniently swept under the rug in a few years when she goes into the Hall of Fame.

Rhyno: He's 41 years old and just a comedy act at this point, mostly just eating in the background. Cutting Rhyno will break up yet another team but to be honest Heath Slater is wonderful and probably better off on his own.

Sin Cara: This one's been a long time coming. The dude is 39, has fought with half the roster backstage, and doesn't ever get used on TV. That seems like a recipe for an easy cut. For what it's worth, WWE keep trying to find "the next Rey Mysterio" but then rarely use any of their masked dudes. Kalisto's getting jobbed out and Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado don't even appear on 205 Live. Sin Cara's still the easiest cut of the group but any of them going wouldn't shock me.

Tony Nese: Nese has a great look but he's probably the most likely guy from 205 Live to get sent packing if they don't cut Dorado or Metalik. He's just sorta there. Could see him doing really well for himself back on the indies.

Unofficial cuts - Kane and Mark Henry. Neither will be released per se but I think they're both done as in-ring performers. Henry's transitioning to a backstage role and Kane will probably do the same if he doesn't win the mayoral election.

NXT:

Aliyah: Pretty sure she's pissed off a lot of people in charge as is and there are plenty of more women that will be debuting on NXT over the coming months.

Buddy Murphy: The fact that he's engaged to Alexa Bliss might be the only reason he hasn't been cut yet. I'd probably just re-form Blake and Murphy and have them be Alexa's personal bodyguards/bitches. Stand in between her and the other female wrestlers in a confrontation, hold the doors open for her, carry her to the ring, etc. And it'd be an easy way to get a new team on the roster. Failing that I see no future use.

Roderick Strong: Strong is an entertaining in-ring performer but personality wise he's bland as bland can be. They've just brought in a new batch of former ROH guys and Strong seems redundant at this point. His meal ticket to the main roster may have been Aries sticking around for a tag team run and that's now gone.

Sawyer Fulton: Nothing against the dude. But he had multiple failed gimmicks, finally seemed to get something good in Sanity, and then got hurt and was replaced. I just don't think they're gonna use him much.

Wesley Blake: See Buddy Murphy, except he doesn't have the luxury of getting to fuck Alexa Bliss in real life.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote