View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #29703
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If you have to do something with Shaquille O'Neal at WrestleMania next year, how do you go about it? I'll also set the caveat that it must include Big Show.

The Royal Rumble seems like a good place to start something, given that Shaq's Wikipedia page tells me he went to high school in San Antonio. He'd be a fine participant in the Royal Rumble itself. I'd maybe have someone dump out him and Big Show at the same time.

I don't want to see Big Show vs. Shaq at Mania. There's just too much that can go wrong. A tag team match allows you to slip in some workers who can bump around for Shaq and Show and make the whole thing a lot more enjoyable -- which is what it's there to be.

How about Sheamus & Cesaro? I can't see them staying together as a team that long, but the WWE can also be quite stubborn. If Cesaro is also a heel by this point, they can always just put them together as random heel team like they did with Sheamus and Rusev a few times even after the League of Nations disbanded.

Cesaro is pretty much a ring genius. Sheamus is solid at moving around. Neither Sheamus nor Cesaro is "small," but they will be appropriately dwarfed by Shaq and Show. Cesaro can get a nice spot where he body slams Big Show. Shaq can pin one of the guys with a Chokeslam to get some nice celebrity shine. Sheamus taking the fall is probably going to get less revolt than Cesaro taking it.

This is also probably as high-profile a program as either Sheamus or Cesaro is going to be able to get. Cesaro, especially, seems almost out of his depth in terms of being trusted here, but his ring work is what is really valuable in the scenario. Sheamus is as cold as ice, but he'd be functional here and do his part well.

I could actually see this being for the RAW Tag Team Titles, and I could honestly see them giving Big Show and Shaq a reign with the belts. The WWE is pretty hungry for media attention, and putting a title on Shaq, especially a Tag Team Title, isn't exactly going to be a death-knell for those belts. Show & Shaq can have a miscommunication in a Tag Title match at another PPV, The Revival can win the belts or something and Big Show can turn on Shaq leading to a SummerSlam match between the two or something. That's if Shaq is willing to work a few dates for the company over the course of 2017.

Shaq is a year older than DDP was when he won his first WCW World Title. I'm not saying that he could be a workhorse World Champion for the company or anything, but he's the same age as R-Truth and Big Show.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote