View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #732
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fuck, Suzuki is so good. I always have this little fantasy of Jerry Lawler starting up a promotion in Memphis again, with Dolph Ziggler leaving the WWE and heading there, because I believe that Lawler and Nick Nemeth could actually draw an old-school crowd a bit. Build it around the heart attack. Have Nemeth do an elbow off the top for heat. Have him waltz in with Stacy Carter, because he's always better with a woman, and that would just be "Ooh," and it fits his gimmick perfectly.

Anyway, I think Suzuki-gun would work tremendously in a Memphis-style promotion. Suzuki just beating up scrubs with Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Lance Archer and Taka Michinoku as his thugs. I'd sincerely go out of my way to watch that shit, even if just for the "Holy shit, Taka's still wrestling?" factor. New Japan could set it up as a place to send their young boys and to cultivate a bit of a developmental league stateside. I think Gedo's booking is largely influenced by Memphis. Have Nemeth go against Omega for the IWGP US Title, which you make the centerpiece of the promotion. You could probably get away with Jim Ross and Josh Barnett on commentary and set up a deal with AXS or whatever pretty easily.

I'm just pipe-dreaming here.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote