View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #1270
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Flying Nothing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
News of one of the more surprising WWE releases in some time came today, with WWE announcing in the late afternoon that Austin Aries is no longer with the company.

WWE posted a statement on their website: "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Austin Aries. WWE wishes Aries the best in all of his future endeavors."

Not long before the news of his release was announced, Aries tweeted: "It's a beautiful day." He followed up by posting three emojis (a banana, a smiling face with sunglasses, and a thumbs up) when the news came out. We can confirm that he asked to be released.

Aries had been scheduled to challenge for Neville's Cruiserweight Championship at tonight's house show at Madison Square Garden until recently. He was replaced by Cedric Alexander.

After his lengthy feud over the title with Neville ended, Aries' last appearance on WWE TV came on the June 20th episode of 205 Live. He continued his partnership with Jack Gallagher, which was formed the week before when Aries claimed that he wasn't medically cleared to compete due to neck and leg issues.

There was a situation before that where Aries seemed to indicate on an episode of Busted Open Radio that he was taking time off due to injuries, but he later denied that was the case when asked about it in an interview with USA Today.
Quote:
According to PWTorch.com, Aries requested his release from the company, and it was granted, as he was unhappy being pigeonholed as a Cruiserweight, and saw much more potential for himself outside of the role he was given on 205 Live.

>The report added that one source noted Aries had a bad attitude backstage in WWE, which might have made the decision easier for WWE officials to grant him his release. It’s likely Aries will end up back on the indie scene following his release, and he could also end up back in Ring of Honor or GFW if he is offered a return deal from either of those companies.
Some updates on the Aires situation

Quote:
Dixie Carter was interviewed for the WWE 24 special on Kurt Angle that airs on Monday night.
Quote:
WWE will report its business numbers on 7/27, so that will have the WWE Network subscriber number as of 6/30 as well as a full rundown of the WrestleMania financials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
The momentum built up by The Colons since they moved to Smackdown Live is about to come to a grinding halt … because Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Primo needs surgery.

As we first revealed on Wresting Sheet Radio this week, the former WWE tag champ recently injured his knee and is scheduled to have it surgically repaired soon.

The duo moved to Smackdown Live back in April as part of the Superstar Shake-Up and were repackaged as The Colóns. While they haven’t tasted championship gold since 2012, the two picked up impressive wins recently over the likes of American Alpha.

No word on when Primo is expected to return to action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
AJ Styles just defeated Kevin Owens to win the WWE United States championship at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

The show is still ongoing so we will see if the switch sticks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/6 post Slammiversary edition of Impact did 345,000 overnight viewers, way up from last week's 268,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Yesterday, WNPR ran an article that indicated Velvet Sky was retiring from pro wrestling as she looked to focus on going to college. Today, Velvet took to Twitter to clarify that she is retired from in-ring action, but not from pro wrestling as a whole, as she would still do appearances or conventions:

"Retired" was not the correct word to have been used in the article from yesterday. Please read my true & current status below. pic.twitter.com/52X174OUKv
— ?Velvet Sky? (@VelVelHoller) July 7, 2017

In response to others, she also said she never used "retired" in the interview, that came from the interviewer:

I never used the word "retired." The headline of the interview I recently did was very misleading in saying I was retired from the industry. https://t.co/sMi2RqZmZy
— ?Velvet Sky? (@VelVelHoller) July 7, 2017
Quote:
Raw General Manager Kurt Angle recently spoke to the Dallas Observer about the event, and the interviewer couldn’t help but ask him about the name. Angle says that the show was dubbed Great Balls of Fire simply because Vince McMahon thought the name was hilarious, and he expects that this event will return in the future.

“That’s a pretty incredible name for a wrestling show, isn’t it? The head honcho Vince McMahon thought that the name was hilarious, and that’s pretty much the entire story. You never know when it comes to Vince, but he’s usually right, so we trust him. Vince loves the name, so I expect it to become an annual event.”
Quote:
A new episode of WWE Music Power 10 will premiere on the WWE Network this coming Wednesday at 9pm EST. Below is the synopsis:

"The WWE Music Power 10 is back with an all-new June 2017 edition counting down the most spectacular Superstar entrances from all of WWE!"
Quote:
There has been some pressure from Bobby Lashley's MMA team, American Top Team, about concentrating full-time on Mixed Martial Arts and pulling back on his dates with Global Force Wrestling, according to a report by PWInsider.

While details are unknown at press time, the report claims meetings regarding the situation have taken place and the pressure to focus on MMA over professional wrestling has been a topic over "the last several days."
Quote:
WWE has stepped in to help Justin Credible after a troubling video he posted to YouTube on July 4, 2017. In the video, Credible, whose real name is PJ Polaco, said he was arrested, faced jail time and hadn't had a public defender get back to him. He noted his past with WWE and stated his life was on the line.
Some details and updates regarding Credible's situation: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...youtube-video/

Quote:
Ambrose: Finally I heh went into his office... and would. not. leave. until he just agreed. I---- he --- went

(Vince): "No." I was like "Come on," (Vince): "NO." (Ambrose): "Come on," (Vince): "NO!" (Ambrose): "..." Come on,"

Jericho: How did you finally convince him?

Ambrose: I literally just wouldn't leave. I just kept goin "Come on,". I was - I was like "They're safe! They're stupid!" I was like "Vince, these marks, they're stupid. They love 'em. Guys like me and you, we're smart..., we know it's safe." Finally he was just sick of me being in his office and he was just like...

(Vince): "(exasperated gasp)... Jericho okay with it...?

Ambrose: I'm like "Yeah. Loves it. His idea."

(Vince): (exasperated gasp 2)... fine.

Ambrose: (laughing)

Jericho: So- so then I'm thinking like "listen did you wanna go in the thumbtacks? Do... uhh. Go for it man, good on 'ya." And then when he gets the approval... the finish of the match is him going over and I'm like ..."well he can't go in the thumbtacks and win... Thumbtacks has to be the worst thing! You get thrown in thumbtacks, you're done!" So then I realize... "Holy shit! I have to take the bump in the thumbtacks?! It's the only way! It's the only way!" And I'm like "Oh my gosh... this is just ridiculous"

Ambrose: I really screwed you over there didn't I.

Jericho: Yeah thanks a lot buddy. But it was one of those things I had never taken a bump in thumbtacks, never have. Never do it again.
From the Ambrose and Jeff Hardy episode of Talk Is Jericho podcast show on how thumbtacks got approved for the Ambrose-Jericho Asylum match. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ylum_match_by/

Quote:
There has been some talk about doing a women's WWE Royal Rumble match in January at the Rumble pay-per-view in Philadelphia, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

WWE officials have also discussed another tag team tournament for the WWE Network, similar to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic that WWE NXT ran in 2015 and 2016. No word yet on if the next tag team tournament would have a different theme but at one point were rumors on the next Dusty Classic finals happening at Takeover in November.
Quote:
WWE is apparently looking at doing another non-wrestling television show with the Bellas. They have applied for a trademark for the term “Bella Appetit,” which would be for a television show about cooking, food, recipes, restaurants, bars, travel, travel, health, fitness and nutrition
Quote:
Nico Gendron, a rare female WWE writer who was on the staff for a short time in 2015, briefly wrote about her experience there in birthmoviesdeath.com “I was hired at WWE in the summer of 2015, right after they introduced `The Divas Revolution.’ In a male-dominated writers room, a female perspective was needed as WWE’s women wrestlers were expected to rise above their traditional role of full-time arm candy and part-time wrestlers to share consistent (though limited) air time with their male, Superstar counterparts. I learned quickly that this wrestling dynasty hadn’t caught up to the main cultural dialogue around feminism and female empowerment that was electric outside WWE. With a great deal of ground to cover, I realized I would have to embrace the little victories, like storylines that do not hinge on a disagreement over a male love interest, avoiding dialogue where male Superstars reduce female wrestlers by telling them to shut up, or by positioning them as getting in the way of their own success.
Quote:
Kairi Sane is now likely to be allowed to use the elbow drop after all since the WWE press release announcing her signing specifically brought up that some people believe her to have the most beautiful elbow drop in wrestling.
Quote:
Lucha Underground is on a definite upswing as the 6/28 show did 112,000 viewers for the first airing and 77,000 for the replay. The combined 189,000 viewers was the best total for the show since the episode that Johnny Mundo beat Sexy Star to win the title.
Quote:
Gilbert Cosme, 42, best known as Mesias and Mil Muertes, has accused his cleaning lady of robbing him of $8,000. According to the news reporters, he came home on 6/28 at 1 p.m., to find an envelope with $8,000 in cash missing and his cleaning lady has since disappeared.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Recent episode of X-Pac 12360 podcast show had the Young Bucks as the guests talking about the G1 Special, Meltzer Driver, going to the WWE, and Hot Topic. http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArt...p?id=33553&p=1
  • Recent episode of The Ross Report podcast show had Steve Austin as the guest talking about the G1 Special, Okada, Cody, and Omega as one of his current favorites to watch. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...pecial-in-usa/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Triple H has had the longest match at Mania for 7 out of the last 8 years with his Mania 32's match being second longest of the card.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 21st anniversary of Hogan's heel turn and the debut of the nWo.
  • Impact/GFW recently tweaked their logo again removing "Wrestling" from "Impact Wrestling." http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...w-impact-logo/
  • WWE's official website recently rated Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne at Takeover: Chicago as the best WWE match of 2017 so far. http://www.wwe.com/article/top-10-ma...r?sf96184052=1
  • WWE recently rejected two proposals involving Fenway Park hosting a future SummerSlam event and Gillete Stadium hosting a future Wrestlemania event. WWE did leave open the idea of Fenway hosting a NXT Takeover in the future though. https://twitter.com/DannyPicard/stat...46043517186049
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote