View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #50
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Never got Bret Hart in my early years as a fan. I could see the "bland" arguments. I liked things going "faster" and was in my full indy geek phase. Recently I went back and re-watched stuff I didn't have the patience for years ago.

Good fucking god is Bret Hart good. Watching him back, I prefer him in the ring to Shawn Michaels. The stories he tells are so organic. He's always so present in the work he does, and it highlights how incomplete most guys in the ring are today. And just how much psychology has been de-emphasized.

For some easy watching, go back and watch his match against the 1-2-3 Kid from Raw. The way he sells Waltman as a credible opponent is brilliant. It's far from the best Bret Hart match, don't get me wrong, but for people looking to bite on that haven't, because like me they felt the need to be a hipster when they started watching.

I haven't bothered thinking about wrestling recently, because the current stuff is just not engaging at all -- but the other day I caught myself thinking about just how good Bret Hart is.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote