View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #38239
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
On Kane:

He's actually a big part of why I got into wrestling. Not his ring work or even the character, but something about his positioning endeared itself to me and then he had that 2001 Royal Rumble appearance which I wasn't expecting. It was a nice little vindicating moment for supporting him.

They've fucked up his gimmick so many times. I mean, they basically just threw a lot of it out the window right after his initial run was done. He served his purpose, but then instead of going away he stuck around and they gave him a voice, a singlet, a new mask with a different singlet, a sexy backstory, took the mask away, turned him face and heel so many times, put the mask back on, made him a social climber and now put the mask back on him again.

I've always considered Kane a "solid" big man, but he really hasn't had that many matches that even approach good, and my subjectivity was probably clouding that. I think people were just taken in by similar things as me, or variants. There are lots of things that "work" about the Kane gimmick, and I think many of us have felt sorry for how they've "fucked him" over the years, despite him turning something that should have lasted two years into something that has stuck around for two decades.

I'm sure he's a good presence in the locker-room, and I did get a little kick out of Team Hell No, and how helped provide a platform for Daniel Bryan to get "WWE over," if you know what I mean by that? But WrestleMania XXX was a fine place to squash him and then send him out. But then he was top heel again. Then he dominated the 2015 Royal Rumble. Now he's top heel again. It's just enough.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote