View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #39
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I watch 1 to 3 NJPW events per year. Last year I had intended to keep my sub to NJ World but on the PPV after Wrestle Kingdom 11 they didn't offer English commentary so I decided to send them a message not not re-up. I will keep my sub at least til the end of the month to see Jericho at the next show.

WK 12 was a fantastic pro wrestling event, golden star for sure. The thing with this event and NJPW that is different than WWE is... NJPW has never changed their booking style. They don't need shove a main eventer into every match, they actually have openers, lower mid card, mid-card, mid-card with potential, upper mid card legends, and main eventers. So we start off with a bunch of old guys and jobbers in a comedyish rumble, it sucked until Kojima and Tenzan came in. Sucks that they couldn't have had a bigger match, I'd love to see them go with Bulldog Jr. and Archer. I'm sure it's happened but not for me yet.

So the card was really good with what it was. With the openers and mid carders playing their role, not playing the main event in the undercard. Having guys like Cheeseburger, Owens and Gambino just made the starts look more like stars. That was the biggest lesson for me watching this.

Let the undercard be the undercard. We used to love that. To pick our favorites who couldn't likely hang with "The best" but they were guy you wanted to pull for.

While there wasn't that one six star match, and who cares that's only happened once, there were three, four+ star matches. So the build of the show just created an awesome old school roller coaster with new school loops and drops.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote