View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #45
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
I would count 2004 twice. He was setup to be the next great heel, but that's Trips spot so let's have Orton booted out of Evolution. That set him up to be the next great face, but instead Triple H got the belt off him in like 3 weeks. Orton was back to a heel 6 months later with no momentum. It took him 3 years to get a world title again after that.

I would also count his 2013/2014 run thanks to the Authority angle crap. Yeah Randy got to be champ, but that he was like the 6h or 7th person in terms of importance in that whole story arc behind Daniel Bryan, The Authority, Batista, the Shield build to turning face, then again to Rollins after he turned. Dude never even got his title rematch, instead Kane got it and Randy had to reform Evolution to put the Shield over.

Furthermore, speaking of Reigns, Randy had to put him over at Summerslam that year, all based on the HHH Authority stuff.

I am also not even counting how on Fire Orton was in 2007, but instead of him just winning the vacant title, let's have him lose to Triple H first, then have Triple H have a grueling match with Umaga later that night, and ONLY then is Randy good enough to defeat a beat up by a Samoan Bulldozer Triple H.
I've got no quibbles with this. Triple H has always found it necessary to spray his stink over Orton, and it's weird that the two seem to be "friends."

On Bryan: It's nuts if you don't go with him at Mania XXX. Absolutely nuts. Of course they fucked up the booking leading into it, but it's absolutely asinine if Bryan didn't end up in that match, just like it was baffling when he didn't just win the Royal Rumble. Dale's on the money here. I also cannot believe that Fan is an Eli Drake fan, but can't see the value in Daniel Bryan. Even in infinite realities I wouldn't consider that an inevitability.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote