Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #5048
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Guess I'll do some predictions:

NFC East:
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Native Americans

NFC North:
Packers
Vikings (Wild Card 2)
Lions
Bears

NFC South:
Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs

NFC West:
Seahawks
Cardinals (Wild Card 1)
Rams
49ers

NFC East was a coin flip between Dallas and Philly. Gave the edge to Dallas mainly because I can't count on Bradford's health all year. North has some good teams but I just can't think of a good enough reason to pick against the Packers. South still feels like a terrible division, but I think the Saints will rebound from an off-year last year. Seahawks are another team I feel I have to go with but I don't think the Cards are too far behind them, hence the top wild card spot. Have a really weird feeling about the Vikes this year, though I strongly considered the Lions, Eagles, and Rams for that last wild card.

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins (Wild Card 2)
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFC South:
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West:
Chargers
Broncos (Wild Card 1)
Chiefs
Raiders

I see no reason to ever pick against the Pats no matter how the teams around them may have improved until I see them actually get knocked off of their perch. The Ravens are resilient and always seem to find their way into the playoffs. I'm going against recent history by not picking more than one team from the North but I can see that division beating the shit out of each other. Colts feel like an easy pick, would have considered the Texans if their QB situation wasn't a dumpster fire. Chargers I think are ready to take the next step and end up ending the Broncos' reign in that division.

Denver still has a ton of talent though so I can't leave them out of January altogether. Then I'll round off the playoff field with Miami just on a hunch, although the Chiefs, Steelers, Bengals, and even Bills gave me some pause.

Oh and Super Bowl...fuck if I know. My first instinct is Packers/Patriots but that just feels like such a ESPN "chalk" pick. So let's go outside the box slightly/all in with my thought that the Bolts are ready to go to the next level and go with Packers/Chargers in SB50. I can't lay money against Rodgers though, so I'll say the Pack win that one.

Didn't put a ton of thought into these but there should be some pretty tight races that go down to the wire.