Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 06:45 AM   #672
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yep. That's about where I was. It was my first encounter with Gunners, too, so I didn't know they were a hostile gang. Lesson learned. Same deal with the Scavengers being assholes in this one, who all turn hostile at your "tresspassing" on their claim... which is weird itself because I had one pay me caps for saving his life only to turn around and shoot at me because I was warned I was too close. You ran over to me, you bipolar fucker!

Thing is, I don't exactly have a battle-ready build. I put most of my SPECIAL into Perception and Intelligence at start for Sniper, and Intelligence for xp gain out of habit, and used Charisma as sort of a dump stat. Had to fix that for Local Leader, which screwed up my plans for offensive capabilities in commando, gunslinger, and the afore mentioned Sniper. Gun Nut needs max love because my shit needs supressors (have a legendary-dropped anti Super Mutant .308 pipe pistol that I had to remod to replace the previous workhorse pipe sniper I had modded up... that extra bonus on Super Mutants is nothing to sneeze at, especially between Hangman's Alley and Diamond City, and I can pick most off in one clean un-VATS sighted shot) I have a couple of pretty neat snipers, one of which is an oddly nearly maxed .50 (just needs a silencer and a long scope, everything else was up, even to mods I couldn't build at the time) waiting for me in storage until I can finish them or luck out and buy one from a vendor. Also had to up my strength for armorer and blacksmith.

I'll be better prepared for this whole on a second playthrough, but I don't want to fall into the Skyrim trap by starting that playthrough now.

Unrelated: anyone else have Pip-Boy issues? My XBONE updated yesterday morning, and now my shit won't connect. I use that as a perpetual automap, and now I can't.

*ADDENDUM: This appears to be linked to a Smartglass connection fix. The fix, while posted and detailed (not 100% accurate with the overhaul, but as long as you know where the settings screens are, you can find what you need) is totally not self-explanatory, though, because said fix has NOTHING TO DO with changing any Smartglass settings. But, I did the fix, and now my Pip-Poy app functions again.

Last edited by Tom Guycott; 11-19-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote