View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #62
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
In the Attitude era, Styles would have done enough breathtaking stuff to be featured in plenty of highlight reels and that sort of shit. He may not have been WWE Champion for 200 days, but he'd have had plenty of merch, been popular and therefore gotten focus. Think along the lines of Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, and, at times, X-Pac. He'd have gotten the occasional important spot, sold his ass off for the heel kicking his ass, gotten cheers and people would have taken notes of his talent, which has always been there if not always as "matured" as it is today. In WCW, he would have been given the Cruiserweight Title and would have been talked about as one of the most exciting guys they have, and in the WWF probably would have sniffed a surprisingly important supporting spot as an MVP delivering stellar matches outside the Austin ass kickings. He wouldn't have been swept under the rug. People were going nuts for him in 2002, before Austin had even retired.
Yes. I agree. He would have been Mysterio, Hardy, RVD, X-Pac. Valuable upper carder putting on good wrestling matches but not being pushed as the face of the company. That's where he belongs. You're making my point. I never said he's useless.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote