View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #58
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
I would say his only issue was being far too babyfaced ( not a good guy, just had the face of a baby) and those fucking highlights in his hair lol.

That, and jobbing to literally every single person of all time probably didn't help.

On another slightly different note... I find it so strange that Vince went with Austin--the reason he won the fucking war. And "real" character, who honestly went against the grain, but since then has gone back to trying to find the next Hulk Hogan. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for him finding the next Steve Austin, but he was so fucking different from the rest of Vince's "guys". From there, it's gone to Cena then Reigns, who've been booked as vanilla as they come. It just makes no sense to me. Where's the creativity?
This is something I often find myself thinking about. It is really weird that Vince went with a guy like Austin, who is so atypical for Vince, beyond the fact that when you think of Vince and the Attitude era, you actually think of Austin.

He's the only babyface Vince has only really ever tried to push without the smiley idiot stuff. The Rock also got away in the era, but was still initially pushed with that shtick, and always had the "gloss" that Vince likes. But it's really odd to think of such a...wrestler like Austin being so integral to the company.

When Vince has his back against the wall and he has to respond to fans, he honestly does his best work. But deep down, you know he probably somewhat hated it. And you hear about those tensions between Austin and Vince, and Vince trying to slip Rock into promotional and movie stuff ahead of Austin in the late 90's. Vince "had" to go with Austin, because otherwise people would be watching WCW.

My point: Maybe Vince should just shut the fuck up and listen to what he's got left of a fan-base and switch Roman heel and push the guy capturing hearts and minds and just see how far that can take him? Maybe they don't need to fit his exact view of an action hero come to life.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote