View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #1818
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Smackdown After Mania show:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Last night's Raw after WrestleMania averaged what will undoubtedly end up as its second-best number of the year with 3.90 million viewers, trailing only the 4.50 million viewers for the 25th anniversary show.

It was still the second lowest Raw after Mania show in the modern era, beating the 3.76 million number from last year. But last year's show went against the NCAA basketball championship game, so it probably would have done the same or beaten this year's number which came without that competition ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 4.10 million viewers
9 p.m. 4.07 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.60 million viewers
Quote:
HBO’s Andre the Giant documentary premieres at 10 p.m. Eastern tonight. The documentary has an 85-minute runtime.
Quote:
After officially announcing her retirement last night, Paige thanked everyone who has shown their support for her: “Completely overwhelmed with the love and support. Thank you everyone. Seriously means so much to me. This isn't the end though. Just the beginning of something special. #ThankYou #ThisIsMyHouse”
Link: https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/sta...26702948945920

Quote:
Following his NXT Championship win, Alester Black wrote a message about suffering from anxiety and depression and said winning the title was for everyone who thinks their situation or problems with mental health are too severe to accomplish anything.
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXVhlNjQlV/

Quote:
Hour two of the WrestleMania pre-show, which was also available on the WWE Network and the company’s social media platforms, averaged 762,000 viewers on the USA Network. The one-hour 2018 Hall of Fame special did 665,000 viewers on Saturday night.
Quote:
Ronda Rousey spoke to ESPN after her in-ring debut at WrestleMania, discussing how the fans have reacted to her: "I owe the WWE universe an apology, because I thought they were going to boo me out of the building from day one. They really accepted me from day one. Hopefully, I satisfied a lot of skeptics tonight. I underestimated how kind the WWE universe would be. I thought any outsiders would be shunned. I was expecting to get shunned and to have to battle to be accepted. I worked my ass off to pay respect to what's so important to them, and hopefully they saw that tonight. I'm just so grateful, man. I'm trying my best to deserve it."
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...ts-brought-wwe

Quote:
The 100th episode of Being the Elite, titled “Finale,” was released today. The ending of Kenny Omega vs. Cody Rhodes, fallout from the match, and Marty Scurll “signing a lucrative recording contract” are featured as the show’s future is left in question.

ROH announced that Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI, and Hiromu Takahashi) will be on all four stops of their War of the Worlds tour in May. Those shows are in Lowell, Massachusetts on May 9th, Toronto on the 11th, Royal Oak, Michigan on the 12th, and Chicago on the 13th.

The Young Bucks, Hangman Page & Flip Gordon will face Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky & Shane Taylor at ROH’s show in Columbus, Ohio this coming Sunday.

ROH sent out an update on the technical issues for Supercard of Honor XII and are providing $40 Pro Shop coupons to all VIP members and $10 ones to all other subscribers.

Vader posted an update on his recovery from open heart surgery and said he wants to wrestle one more time: “Still in the hospital -Should be leaving soon to go into rehab its a long long ROAD BACK WHEN I GET BK I WILL WRESTLE ONE MORE TIME WRESTLING IS MY PASSION”

IPW UK announced a show with Pro Wrestling NOAH for September 23rd.
Elite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5C8bY_rHOA , LiJ: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/lo...ar-worlds-tour , ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/fl...d-shane-taylor , Vader: https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/sta...94455549861888 , IPW: https://twitter.com/IPWUK/status/983390920644186112

Quote:
"Blockers," with John Cena as one of the major stars, opened this past weekend at $21.44 million, which was considered a good showing for a relatively low budget film ($21 million total budget). Cena got good reviews for the movie, which was third for the weekend behind "A Quiet Place" and "Ready Player One."
Budget wise, it was a big hit but still a sign Cena's box office drawing power is still low overall.

Quote:
Tons of New Japan people including Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Red Shoes Unno and Tiger Hattori were at WrestleMania. Rey Mysterio was at the post-WrestleMania party, as was Mickey Gall, the UFC fighter who beat C.M. Punk

Kid Rock wasn't at WrestleMania because he had to get ready for a Kid Rock cruise that leaves tomorrow.

For those who keep track of such things, Nicholas (the son of referee John Cone) in winning the tag title with Braun Strowman last night, broke Rene Dupree's record for the youngest title holder in WWE history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE has a photo gallery here of behind-the-scenes photos from last night's WrestleMania. One of the photos shows NXT talent Dan Matha, Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss in their costumes getting ready for their masked cameos in Charlotte Flair's entrance at the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
When speaking of wrestlers receiving a "Wrestlemania Payday" by apearring on the big stage, does that include the Kickoff Show, appearing on the panels, etc., or is it just the proper show itself?

Well, it doesn’t mean what it used to. Back before the network, they got bonuses based off of the buy rate that the show did. Now, it’s a Network special. They get a bonus based off of what the DVD sales do, but the Kickoff show hasn’t been on the DVD so those that don’t make the main show are left out.

How do you feel about the Cruiserweight Championship climaxing at Wrestlemania to only be on the pre-show? I know you've said in the past that championship matches period should be held on the main stage because of its importance. I agree and for the WWE to put the effort for a long tournament only for it to be seen by half the live audience who are still filing in and people at home who are not interested is a slap in the face. But on the other hand, the audience may see it as a bathroom break or bumper match if placed on the main card and may be better off as a kick-off match. Thoughts?

I don’t see any way that it’s a plus not being on the main show. Even if it is a pee break match, they would get a DVD bonus! I think all Title matches should be on the main show. Otherwise you tell the fans they aren’t as important as the other matches. That is why I think WWE should abandon the Kickoff show and just start the PPV an hour earlier. The pre-show should be about hype, not matches.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles on Mania's pre-show and why WWE did a disservice to the Cruiser division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Bruce Prichard cleared up some "rumors and innuendo" about his newly announced "Something Else to Wrestle With" show for the WWE Network:

Prichard said shows will be uncensored video version around 60 to 90 minutes in length and no topic will be off limits. The former WWE Executive stated WWE came to them with the idea and he is not a WWE employee again. Bruce says the show will be starting really soon, sometime "in the next few weeks" with Conrad Thompson in tow. They will not be talking about the current product and will be staying with the same format talking about Prichard's experiences in the past. The normal podcast will continue on as well.

Bruce announced that he filmed a "Table for 3" with JBL and Eric Bischoff that will air in the future.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjLSf6SM2AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE held a post WrestleMania Conference call today. It should be noted that stock was down over a dollar today and rallied after the press release was released.

Michael Weitz recapped that a press released today and introduced George Barrios and Michelle Wilson.

George started by recapping the press release. He said that WrestleMania broke the record for the SuperDome’s highest grossing event. He said that Mania is a driver of subscriber growth. He said that they have reached a new high of over 2.1M. He said that based on preliminary data that the Network is up 5% in the first quarter this year vs. last. They also are advising guidance upward.

They expect to increase subscribers 8% in quarter two over last year. He said the Network is the hub for the company’s hub ...

He was asked about the status of Raw and Smackdown. He said that the engagement metric on Facebook got better and better. Are they in the rights picture and will the recent Facebook scandal with Cambridge Analytica affect that.

George said that they monitor the numbers and they were the first to do live sports on Facebook and they are happy with their numbers. He said that people are getting more used to watching via that medium. The scandal doesn’t really affect them and he said that they are watching how Facebook will handle the privacy. Michelle said that it’s also important for Facebook to get engagement for WWE’s other mediums ...

Are their any plans to tier the Network?

George thinks there is an opportunity to do that. He said they have ideas. There isn’t a launch date but it’s coming sooner rather than later.
More highlights: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...eport.html?p=1

Quote:
Above is a short interview with Andre The Giant director Jason Hehir, who discussed seeing Andre enter the ring for the first time.

"I was immediately hooked seeing him as to who the guy was - where he's from, how big is his bed, what does he eat," Hehir recalled. "Is this a real person? How is a giant walking around amidst these other larger-than-life wrestling characters."
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFWQRApRI0

Quote:
Ronda Rousey has been garnering rave reviews for her performance at WrestleMania this past Sunday. Dave Meltzer stated in the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that there is already talk in WWE of having Rousey main event next year's WrestleMania. It was also noted that WWE was interviewing women trying to get them to say that Rousey should have been in the main event of last Sunday's show.

A logical opponent for Rousey for next year's WrestleMania would be SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair.

It appears as if WWE had plans to build to a Rousey vs. Asuka match at some point. Meltzer said on the post-WrestleMania episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that when Rousey was signed, Asuka was told to do the armbar all the time. Not only did Asuka lose her undefeated streak to Charlotte this past Sunday, but Asuka was actually "banned" from using the armbar in the match.
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which WWE NXT Superstar impressed the most in their RAW debut last night. As of this writing, 55% voted for Ember Moon while 38% voted for The Authors of Pain and 7% voted for No Way Jose.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to PWI, this week's episode of Smackdown had the smallest crowd out of the 4 big WWE shows for Mania week.
  • IDW Entertainment announced they are partnering with Jim Cornette on the development of a wrestling related comic book. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...comic.html?p=1

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote