View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 PM   #115
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Saw it in "Real 3D" last Thursday night. Most folks took the cheapass route, and all the conventional showings were sold out (correction before some dumbass race joke: plenty of white folks were there to see it). Was able to get optimal seats.

The CGI wasn't as noticably bad in the 3D perspective as it likely was normally, though it did have a couple of shots - ironically with Black Panther himself - where it was Catwoman levels of bad, and then it went back to being fairly seamless.

Also, I thought the setup for the final showdown was going somewhere that it didn't.

As for Killmonger being compared to Ledger's Joker - yeah, I can see that. Partially, because I think Ledger's legend was inflated post mortem (not saying he wasn't damn good, because that was a spectacular take of Joker, *but* after he kicked off, the performance went from simply being damn good to being deified), and partially because Michael B. took a lower tier Marvel villain and rocked that shit. Also, you feel his intent. I don't know which villain is written and/or cast better: Kingpin*, Vulture, or Killmonger, but that is absolutely an argument that can be had and any of the 3 have solid cases behind them.

And I'm glad I have a reason to like Martin Freeman in MCU now. He was a shithead in all his other brief appearances, and in this, he went from being a "Mr. know-it-all" to "Mr. Oh shit, I'm in over my head".

*Vincent D'onofrio, not Michael Clarke Duncan. He was a good Kingpin as well, but much like Ben Affleck being Daredevil, he had a decent portrayal in a shitty movie, and that's not really his fault.
Jordan did say he studied Ledgers Joker to prep
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote