View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #123
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I wouldn't say the undercard workers had as much to do with the success or failure of the show as the people writing or making decisions behind the scenes did.

I agree if you're paid to main event and you don't sell tickets, the blame usually falls on one guy and it's usually the guy on top. can't really argue that. but i don't think Vince, the writers nor the wrestlers understood what people really wanted during that time. we wouldn't find out until the nWo angle that people wanted a more realistic and edgier product.

So if you went the cut a dry route, was Bret a draw: nope. but until the product chnaged as a whole, nobody could draw anything. Even Taker, Savage, HBK, Sting, Flair, Vader, Nash, Backlund and Hogan.

Although it's funny, Hogan was a draw for a bit there in WCW. The guy can spark some interest.

And Gertner, that's like the worst example you could throw out there. That card has Taker/HBK on there with the hot Kane angle. Plus New Age Outlaws were starting to get over huge around that time. And you had the start of the Rock character, which people loved to hate.
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote