View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 12:12 AM   #525
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
What is 'Team RammRod' and 'A Pimp Named Slickback'. What the fuck are you on about
To answer your question, sequentially:

"Team RammRod" was a quote from the movie Super Troopers, in which one of the guys who tries too hard to be funny tries to foist several things undeniably unfunny onto the other officer he's riding with. One of which was trying to combine their names like a power couple and trying to sorta make a dick joke from it. It didn't work, but he kept saying it like the other guy didn't get it.

The comparison being that "JLB8" being posted everytime seems contextually forced. We can see what the joke is supposed to be, but... it isn't.

"A Pimp Named Slickback" is a character from The Boondocks television show. Via the quotes from my original quote, I noted how that is his given moniker. At some point, someone just refers to him as "Slickback", and he corrects them- noting that his name is to be said in its entirety like a proper name. "It's like A Tribe Called Quest, you say the whole thing!!!"

Comparison being that "JLB8" being posted everytime seems like an insisted compulsion you *need* to always do after more strips get posted... as if the thread is somehow incomplete without it.

And both comparisons feed into the part where I don't "get it". I understand what the joke is supposed to be (but again, not funny), but I don't get why the joke is supposed to be. If you're doing it to get a chuckle out of yourself, go for broke. If you're doing it because you legit think someone else finds it flat out humorous, you need help on your comedic craft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
He's trying to figure what the point of posting it is when it's not funny and doesn't seem to stir anyone as a trolling tool. It's just... dead text.
... or basically, this.

I just have less issue with writing somewhere between walls of text and Tolstoy novels because people act like paraphrasing and summation is still unclear.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote