View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 05:20 AM   #32431
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Randomly gone back and watched Judgment Day 2000. Man, what an insane PPV.

* The Vince McMahon rallying the troops intro is a cool update on the "run down the card" approach. I'm curious as to know the psychology behind spots like that, given that those watching the PPV have already ordered, but I thought this was creative.

* The six-man tag opener is a lot of fun. Kurt Angle had such good chemistry with Edge & Christian. The match has these cool little spots that stick out in your mind. Too Cool were so fucking over. It's silly without being over the top. It feels like a bunch of guys trying to get one over the others and never does anything like "slow motion."

* The simple story of Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn being a bit pissed off with Eddie Guerrero for having a new girlfriend goes down well. I can't put this into context with television, but it doesn't feel like they hate anyone but Chyna. You can buy them as buddies fighting looking to get away with a title. The story of them all trying each others' moves was cute too, but I don't think the crowd completely got it.

* I really enjoyed Shane McMahon vs. The Big Show. I never really got into Show, but there's something, in retrospect, that I like about Shane being pissed off at Show for losing at Mania and making fun of his coping mechanism of having fun. It "lights a fire" under Show. The spot where Show tossed Shane into the logo on the stage is hilarious. They worked well together. The string of heels coming out makes sense given the context of the match. It feels like this was done to write off Big Show, but he actually looked pretty good for a big slobbering giant. We may have been conditioned to that by Show's later career. It's weird to think of this period as a time where Show was flopping, but he actually looks really good.

* Benoit vs. Jericho was a really good Intercontinental Championship match. I've seen it before, but I forgot they did the "pass out in the hold" spot outside of Austin/Bret. It feels like a really protected finish and there is a lot of shine put on Jericho here. It feels like they really did expect him to be big.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote