View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:51 AM   #23
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
If it weren't for the people I was playing with, I would feel ripped off, even having only bought the 10 dollar game pass.

There is almost no game here.
I get why a lot of folks feel that way. I, on the other hand, don't feel ripped off. Partially because I really didn't get on the hype train about it. I played the beta, enjoyed it for what it was, and said "You know what, I dig this. I'm gonna buy it."

Also, another problem most folks seem to have is they get a thing, then voraciously tear into it until they do and see everything there is to see and do inside of 72 hours by playing nonstop, and then bitch about not having anything else to do. I feel like this is a game that is supposed to be played in small portions with a crew you trust. I've been mostly happy with my experience so far, but I'm not playing it all day everyday either.

In fact, all of the shitty stuff has more to do with Microsoft/XBOX than the gameplay itself. Aside from the aforementioned small text, I was running a sloat with my cousin, and I got the dreaded "IT'S TIME FOR AN UPDATE!" bullshit. So, I got punted (though, for about 35% of the update, I was still in the party chat. Weird, but good since I was able to relay what happened.) The game apparently took that as me quitting, so it shoved in a rando on his ship. I didn't get any credit for the shit they finished in my absence, and, even though it was my cousin's game, he couldn't boot the random and re-invite me. The guy had to leave on his own voliton to open the slot for my return.

Also, the acheivement tracking seemes to be a bit sketchy. There's shit I did on my first play of the game that I didn't get credit for until I did it again at a later time. There are things that I did and my cousin did, and we both got separate achievements; neither of which were for the same thing.

It'll be nice to get more stuff later. That's all well and good. But I don't feel all Angry Joe or SidAlpha about it.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote