Thread: Got one!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 AM   #96
Bobholly138
DIY MS FILMWORKS

Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
These are fucking garbage. Bought one for my son when he was into Sonic 2-3 years ago. The sound is all distorted and the majority of the games are indy bullshit titles. That is why no one is buying them.

NES officially backed theirs and made it, so everything is "original". Still though, emulator with controller support is the way to go. IF they enable this device to go online and add to the library, then it would be worth it.
The sound isn't great. But at least with the portable Genesis you can just load all the roms up on a SD card and plug that into the system. And you got a portable genesis with a couple hundred games.

The AtGames home console Genesis has some issues. First off the wireless controllers are ass. They are IR instead of another type of wireless so you have to keep them pointed at the system to get it to respond. Half of the games that come built in aren't even old Genesis games. They are bad rip offs of what feels like late 90s java games.

Where as the AtGames Portable Genesis,once you load an SD card with the Roms,makes a nice and cheap portable system. Got mine for 20 bucks a few years ago. Already had the SD card. And so far whatever emulator AtGames uses plays about 80% of the games I have tried out. One major drawback is if the game has a battery backed up saving feature that will not work. So no Phantasy Star and really no RPGS. But for the cheap price it ain't bad.

I keep mine in my backpack for when I have some downtime. Supposedly this year AtGames has a new version of the home console and the portable Genesis coming out. Using a new emulator which will improve not only the sound but the issues the old one had with some games.

The sound not being accurate doesn't bother me that much. Even when I had a Genesis years ago I rarely played it with the sound on. I would instead put on some music and listen to that while playing.
Bobholly138 is offline   Reply With Quote