View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #28
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Not sure how I’d feel about such epic stakes being undone by a bit of time travel. I know it’s a comic book movie and deaths never stick but I think on this occasion they should. If they end the movie with half the heroes wiped out only for the next one to undo it all...meh.
Thanos is balancing the universe. If they can't undo what he's done, then there are no stakes. He has no plans to eradicate the whole universe. They'd be fighting him in the second movie just to beat him up. The chance that they could save everyone who Thanos has killed is the motivation.

Also, after all these years and all these movies, it would be very disappointing if the whole thing ended on a downer. Even if they defeat Thanos, if half the universe is still erased at the end, that's depressing. No two ways about it.

I'm not saying everyone that dies should come back mind you. Just that if Thanos is able to assemble the gauntlet and erase half the universe, that those people should come back at the end. Anyone who is killed by Thanos or his minions directly can stay dead, as long as its a meaningful death.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote