View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 05:14 AM   #39
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
What was you tweet taken out of context?
Oops, it was TechCrunch.

There was a hashtag weeks ago called 'WriteAKotakuArticle' where people had fun making headlines that parodied Kotaku's click-bait headlines. I did a few and ended with this:

Which led to a writer from TechCrunch taking offense at what he alledges was a 'rape joke'. He would go on to mention it in his article:

Quote:
“gamergaters” are the far right. They’re our Tea Party equivalent, replete with all the same inclinations to see conspiracies where there are none and trying stamp out what’s considered fringe or weird by assaulting the people rather than the product while co-opting their language. #gamergaters portray themselves as “oppressed” by the fact there are some indie games out there that they don’t like. #gamergaters feel “betrayed” by the notion that maybe a journalist and a game developer slept together. #gamergaters give credence to all “evidence” that confirms their this-can’t-go-on mentality and ignore everything else. #gamergaters consider removal of their trolling comments “censorship”.

This stance has allowed them to rationalize almost any harassment and to engage in a wide variety of victim blaming. It’s what gave the #writeakotaku hashtag the spur to produce “funny” headlines to satirize the so-called agenda of the pushy media like this: [embeds my tweet]
Hilariously, a collage went viral amongst the GG community collecting actual alarmist Kotaku headlines with rape in the title. My parody was pitch perfect. I think I tweeted it to the writer, I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Outta nowhere.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote