View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #16
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's obviously a shame (understatement right there). For selfish, wrestling specific reasons, it's annoying that there's no a dark cloud over his career. People don't (or can't) appreciate what really made him such a great wrestler. Honestly, bell-to-bell, one of the best, with a charisma that transcended being limited on the mic.

Since he turned babyface in 2003, they never went back to heel, wrestling machine Benoit. I was thinking about that just earlier today. It might be good for one of those SCG Radio face/heel discussions, but I can understand why those guys wouldn't want to touch it publicly.

A damn shame. I still sometimes wonder about what good he could have done with ECW as a brand. I mean, it was probably dead by this point as anything other than developmental with him as the head coach, but Benoit vs. Punk would have been a tremendous series. When Benoit died is when they stopped recognizing the ECW Title as a third World Title belt.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote