View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #209
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Universe mode stuff

https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-universe-mode

Rivalries have intensities and can be "possible rivalries".

Storylines:

Quote:
One important thing we changed this year was how our story system handled calendars with inconsistent PPV dates. Our previous system wasn’t ready to properly handle WWE’s brand split and the multiple PPVs per month. For us, this meant overhauling our system for the most flexibility possible. This is more of a back end, behind the scenes change that we worked on, but the result is that rivalries and storylines will now work regardless of when they start and when the next PPV is happening.

I’m excited we can share these details with all of you, and I hope you enjoy the changes we’ve made. Our teams here at Visual Concepts, along with Yuke’s, has worked hard on these improvements and with re-working our story system, and I would love to hear everyone’s feedback.
Thank fuck for this basic feature.

Goals:

Quote:
Goals

One of the challenges we’ve faced with Universe is trying to articulate specific motivations for the Superstars. It’s easy to say everyone wants a championship, but there’s a lot more depth than that when you watch WWE’s broadcasting. As a result, we’ve implemented personal goals for Superstars that they can chase after as they compete in Universe.

Goals change for each Superstar based on various factors like their rankings and relationships. Champions want to defend their titles and the No. 1 contenders want to win those titles, close allies may want to form a tag team while a team on a losing streak may want to split up, and so on. Goals have an impact on the types of matches and rivalries that will get started for the Superstars. You’ll also have the ability to customize goals for Superstars so that you have some suggestive control over how Superstars can be booked.
That sounds interesting enough so you can book stories within tag teams and stuff I guess, but the example they use isn't very creative:

Then there's this line:

Quote:
As you’re playing through matches, there’s a chance that one Superstar completely outclasses and overwhelms their opponents from the very start. Superstars with significantly higher attributes than their opponents can cause a squash match to occur, putting their opponents in a situation where they must mount a considerable offense to survive or suffer crushing defeat.
So I'm guessing that if it's Braun V Kendrick or some shit, Brawn can just wreck him unless something amazing (or a good player controlled character) overcomes him.

Whole thing "seems dumb" but honestly, I'll be slightly happy if I can just run an NXT with 4 PPVs a year that doesn't fuck up storylines. That's been needed for about 3 years.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote