View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #27
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I actually like the idea of alternating the shows each year. I mean, given how the rosters change, it's likely it won't keep things that fresh, but it just means that it's two years before a Raw-branded Hell in a Cell or a SmackDown-branded MITB.

But back to MITB, how many people do you think it helped? I'd say that Edge is an obvious one. CM Punk's second MITB was a real launchpad for him too; but there is still that first one to his name. Daniel Bryan got a nice little boost out of it. Well, I enjoyed his heel run. Dolph had a great time as MITB holder, and his cash-in was a great moment, but overall it has amounted to nothing. Seth Rollins was also great when he had the briefcase, but was then booked terribly as champion.

Beyond that, I think everyone who got the briefcase was either a bust or a wash. The only guys that I would say it helped are Edge, CM Punk (the second one), Daniel Bryan and, you know what, I'll give you Rob Van Dam, if he didn't fuck it up. Everyone else probably would have benefit more from just being pushed differently, or not getting it at all. I think what it really says about the gimmick is that main event talent get over with it, but other talent doesn't. Now I've tricked myself, because at first I was against it, but now I think that maybe it's a good gauge to see who is actually worth it and who isn't.

NOTE: I am not talking about kayfabe achievements. Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio both won the World Title four times each, but no one cares about that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote