View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:56 PM   #174
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
The variable is the viewer not the writing
Asking them to make sense of Snoke is not a die hard fan notion. My issues with their vehicle design and lightsaber choreography is nerd shit. Here I'm just saying using Snoke as a miniboss with no kind of context is lame. Even if this was a new franchise. He was clearly played on his mystery last time. He'd never be presented that way if they knew he was gonna get put down without so much as a motivation speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Like, were people upset at the "
..I am your father" like coming out of nowhere and rendering the "he murdered your father" line in the first film useless?

Were people upset that the Emperor was tossed to his death with little backstory? Legit curious.
Vader being Luke's father is a historic twist that paid off Obi-Wan's comments the movie before. Was it a stunt? Most likely, from a certain point of view. But even this example made use of some established history, it wasn't completely out of nowhere.

I'm gonna throw this out and guess nobody cared enough about Sidious' origins. It was the 80s. He's a badguy. He has to go. lol EVEN THEN, he was positioned as ultimate evil and master to Vader as Yoda was mentor to Luke. That was all we needed. To say Snoke can pull off the same lack of background after decades of world building is crazy.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote