View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #30
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Genuinely keen to hear the excuses for exposing the business. I guess I used to think that ironic was a way to let people know you didn't take it too seriously, because "don't you know it's fake?" is such a big stigma. But I guess I kind of grew out of that with further education and experience.

People are so easy to work. McGregor/Mayweather is a perfect example. Do you think they'd have drawn so much if they just came out and said "lol, we don't really hate each other, we're just doing this for the cash" and did an Irish jig at their press confonference? I know so many people worked by the personalities in the UFC. I know so many people worked by the personalities of actors, musicians and politicians that they've never met, but "identify" with.

I just don't get how people can't concede the business would be better -- undeniably better -- if people tried to work others more often. Like, if people are just going to go around and see Wrestler A versus Wrestler B just to see them flip around and hug, don't you think that number would still go, plus others, if they actually sold tension between the two? I mean, it seems academic to me: Ironic fans + genuine fans > ironic fans - genuine fans.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote