View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:07 AM   #38740
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Trying to figure out mystery spots for the Women's Royal Rumble. Currently there have been 14 entrants announced and I'd think it's a safe assumption that Becky Lynch, Nia Jax, Mickie James, Alicia Fox, and Dana Brooke will bring it up to 19. So that leaves 11 spots to play with.

Meltzer's said that most of the mystery spots will probably be filled with NXT women, but I'm really not so sure. Recent history shows that when NXT names are used to fill out the Rumble it's because there are imminent plans to call them up.

Bo Dallas in 2013 and Sami Zayn in 2016 were both officially added to the main roster starting the next night (although plucky face Bo got sent back down after a failed feud with Barrett when they realized he truly wasn't ready). Rusev in 2014 and Tye Dillinger in 2017 were groomed for call ups which happened after Mania. So I think any NXT women who come up will be used on the main roster in the not too distant future.

The Iconic Duo spring to mind right away. They've been in NXT for quite a while and I'd have to think they're finally going to get their due soon after being passed over for the recent wave of women, many of whom just don't seem ready for the main roster. Plus they'd help eat up 2 spots for the Rumble.

Nikki Cross is the other one that feels likely to me. She can get an elimination or two and be given some nice shine. Sanity feel like strong candidates for a post-Mania call ups so Cross being in this would make for a nice preview.

If there is another NXT woman added, I really would love to see Sara Del Rey get one WWE match. It's a smarky crowd, they'll know who she is. It'd be a nice thank you for the work she's been putting in with the girls in NXT.

Nikki Bella returning is a possibility, she's been gone for ages. And you've got Ronda Rousey being heavily rumored as well.

Hopefully they can sprinkle in some unexpected ones though. I'd be thrilled to see Victoria get one last match.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote