View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #612
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2222 View Post
Do you mean painting BB8?
1. Why would Rey or Finn know to paint BB8?

2. It wasnt a concern of anyone's until Poe sent him on his way.

3. Where were they getting a can of paint on Jakku? There is no Home Depot.

4. They werent looking for BB8 specifically until they know he had the map.

5. This is like saying Luke and OB1 should've painted R2
Yes.

Poe specifically described BB-8 as "one of a kind", and everyone that ended up looking for the macguffin specifically described it as an "orange BB unit"... it is not the same as the search for the plans in the original, as nobody knew R2 had them.

But for sake of argument, let us say everyone looking for the Death Star plans knew it was R2, and the Empire were specifically looking for a blue R2 unit... the Rebels could paint, or cover with grease, or some other shit to disguise the blue parts of Artoo. There were already other colored R2 units in the universe... at least red, black, or green. C3PO's joke about the one red arm making him "unrecognizable" was only funny because it was just one arm. If the whole damn gold was replaced with red, it wouldn't be so funny, as everyone would legit question it being C3P0 specifically and not just some random other protocol droid.

Rei/Ray/Wray caught the idea of people looking for BB from jump. The "I'll pay you..." way more than she was ever used to getting form the scrap she was collecting, then after saying "no", she gets jumped and chased and shot at. If she can master the force and (sort of) fly a Correlian ship with no previous attempts, I'm pretty certain she can put 2 and 2 together on the droid being a hot target. Cover it, hide it carry it, paint it, something. Instead, she just continues around with it like it is a completely inconspicuous thing. As for Finn, he was specifically told by Po that BB was unique (which is how HE knew what to look for). Same thing; hide/disguise the fucking droid.

This "there is no Home Depo" shit is invalid, because they can paint insignias and numbers all over X-Wings and Y-Wings and landspeeders and any other ship or vehicle, they can expend a bit of effort to obscure BB's orange, even if they covered the little fucker with mud.

If an army were trying to capture and/or kill me, and everyone knows I've got really long dreadlocks, guess who is finding a way to shave his head *immediately*? Or at least cover my head. I wouldn't just keep roaming around like normal. *They* knew he had the map. That's enough knowledge to be as careful as possible. Nope, we just wander around with this unique droid that everyone seems to be chasing like it's no big.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote