View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #307
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Evil Bliss Appreciation Day:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
It’s said that the tournament is there for Kota Ibushi to win if he signs a full-time deal. Zack Sabre Jr. also probably could have won it if he signs a full-time deal. Of the final four, Perkins and Metalik are signed, Sabre Jr. isn’t and doesn’t look to be, and Ibushi has said that he isn’t going full-time and they want the cruiserweight division to be full-time guys

Spoiler tag used since its related to the rumored winner of the CWC tournament and some backup plans in place.

Quote:
Ahead of a press conference he has scheduled in Mexico later today, WWE officially announced that they have mutually come to terms with Alberto Del Rio on his release from the company.

The company's statement: "WWE and Jose Rodriguez (Alberto Del Rio) have mutually agreed upon the terms of his release as of today, September 9, 2016."

Del Rio tweeted on Friday morning: "My business relationship with @WWE has come to an end in good terms...thanks for the opportunities they gave me. Termine mi relación con WWE."
Quote:
Del Rio held a press conference in Mexico on Friday afternoon to address the situation.

Notes from the conference:
  • Paige was there but didn't sit down at the table or give any interviews.
  • Del Rio said that he didn't feel comfortable in WWE anymore and thought about leaving for a couple of months. He wasn't happy with his second stint with the company and was losing his passion for wrestling in WWE. He felt that he'd done everything in WWE and had nothing left to prove.
  • Del Rio asked to be released from his contract and came to a mutual agreement with the company.
  • WWE's traditional 90 day no-compete clause doesn't apply to Del Rio. He's free to work in Mexico now and will be able to work in the US soon.
  • Del Rio said that he's in negotiation with AAA, CMLL, and Elite, but doesn't want to be exclusive to any promotion. In a point of confusion, he later said that Elite hasn't contacted him. He only wants to work 60 matches a year and has already started to think about retirement. He wants to retire in two years and said he's in talks to work in management for an MMA promotion.
  • Del Rio would like to return to Arena Mexico.
  • The banner at the press conference identified Del Rio as Alberto El Patron. He will once again be wrestling under that name.
  • Del Rio is in negotiations for a commentating job somewhere, but didn't specify if it was in pro wrestling or MMA.
  • Del Rio didn't mention either his or Paige's wellness policy suspensions.
Quote:
Paige was there at the press conference but wouldn't talk to any reporters.

According to those with direct knowledge of her situation, she was basically in the same situation A.J. Lee was on when C.M. Punk left. At one point this week it did appear she was gone, right now that isn't the case, but it can change and the situation will be weird. The big difference is there is no legal action being taken against Alberto like there was against Punk.
Quote:
Crossface, the long-talked about movie about the life of Chris Benoit, is back on the radar after many years with the official announcement that director and Academy Award nominee Lexi Alexander is attached to the project.

Variety reported the news Thursday, although Alexander (Punisher: War Zone, Johnny Flynton) has teased it on Twitter. It also had been reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter several months ago that she was in talks to do the piece.

The project is based on the book "Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and The Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry" by Matt Randazzo V. Randazzo V and Ram Getz are the executive producers of the movie, while Alex Ginzberg and Tony Lee (Let it Play) are the producers.

No anticipated release date was mentioned.
Quote:
I don't know the story behind this but on Wednesday, WWE sent out word to everyone who works in the web department to not promote Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks at Clash of Champions and if there are any stories with any language where the match is mentioned to amend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 9/9 edition of Impact Wrestling, featuring the "Delete or Decay" spectacle, dropped to 337,000 viewers, down from the previous week's 351,000 viewers. The kickoff of the NFL season on NBC certainly took a bite out of TNA.
Quote:
Ethan Carter III appears to have signed a new deal. They had wanted to get him on a deal where the office books his indie dates. He’s told indie promoters that he’s worked for that they have to go through the office going forward so that would seem to confirm it
Quote:
Metalik will be moving his family to the U.S. so there may be a delay in him relocating and being in full-time, although he is in and it was announced that Raw this week that he was part of the division. That’s why he’s still taking bookings in Mexico as Mascara Dorada, but he is coming in for the cruiserweight division.
Quote:
The company applied for a trademark for the term “Skull King,” for a performer. It also could be used as the new nickname for HHH
Quote:
On Jim Cornette’s Criticisms:
I got that all the time, the shape you’re in, or the gear, get a singlet. I wrestled in a singlet for a while, but it just wasn’t me, or my attitude. People would say, I have a bad attitude. The thing is, the people would say that I had a bad attitude were the people who I didn’t see eye to eye with, so today, I know Jim Cornette says that the reason why I’m successful now is because I changed my attitude and I listen to what people tell me now, and I used to not listen to him, but the thing is, I used to not listen to him, or question his methods because I didn’t agree with them, and I didn’t share his vision. I really didn’t change who I am, I mean, even you, when we’re working on something and I don’t see it, I’ll say, I don’t know about that. I don’t do anything blindly, which is what Jim Cornette would want me to do back then. For what it’s worth, from the moment I’ve gotten here, everyone from the Producers, to the Writers, everybody…I have a really good relationship with everyone. I remember one specific time that I didn’t like the idea they had for me that night, and I spoke up about it and ultimately did it the way they wanted it, and it turned out fine, you know what I mean? Like, I was told, it’s really not a big deal, and I would respond with, no I think it is a big deal, and they would say, no it’s really not, and they were right, it wasn’t a big deal, but I still voiced my opinion, but I really haven’t had any encounters where my bad attitude would take over. I remember, actually, it was Kevin Kelly. I might put some blame on Kevin Kelly. I remember he came into Ring of Honor to do Commentary and work behind the scenes as well. I remember him telling me that he used to work with Rock and Austin and he would see how I would react if there was a pre-tape and I didn’t like how it was, and I would ask for a re-do, which would annoy some people, and the production guys or whatever, or even you know, whoever wrote the pre-tape, and Kevin said look, that might be viewed as you being hard to work with some people, and I’m not going to put you in their league, but I’m saying Rock and Austin used to do the same thing. To me, that was a huge compliment, so listening blindly to what people are telling you, if it’s not you, it won’t work. Somebody can have a very precise vision of what they want, but if you can’t alter it just a little bit, in the smallest way to being you, in a way people will want to watch, so him telling me that, it really prompted me to, not set my ways, but question something of Jim that I didn’t like, but that was the first example where I felt like, being me, is important and motivated me to see that since the top guys are doing it, why not me?

On Vince Russo’s Criticisms:
People immediately went to Jim Cornette and saying you were wrong, because Cornette was on record to say that I’m not the kind of guy who would never wrestle with over 200 people in the crowd. From what I know, I don’t think Jim said anything negative about me winning the title, he just said, I don’t care about it, I won’t watch it, whatever, but he did it because he changed his attitude, but whatever. The one person that kept hearing about was Vince Russo, because Vince Russo is very vocal about how I don’t look like a star or whatever. He said this stuff about Finn Balor and Sami Zayn. He wants me to respond to him and I don’t because the thing is, I truly believe, I just know that Vince Russo doesn’t believe what he is saying. He knows I’m good. He knows Sami Zayn is good, he knows Finn is good, he knows that me being champion is good. He’s just saying that because he wants to piss people off and that is what gets him ratings and attention, and it’s true, because when he says it, I get a million tweets about it. I don’t think he believes in anything he says; he’s just really upset that I blocked him on Twitter years ago, like he made one comment about the Young Bucks and I blocked him, and then I remember somebody showing me last year when he started talking crap about me, he would say that he knows that I blocked him on Twitter.
From a recent episode of Talk Is Jericho podcast with Kevin Owens as the guest.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • CM Punk recently wrote an article for website ThePlayersTribune about his MMA training and him having no desire to return to the WWE. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/the...portant-thing/
  • Finn Balor recently revealed on Twitter his rehab process has gone well to the point he can play with LEGOs again. https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/774240508059189248
  • MLW Radio podcast currently debunking rumors regarding the WWE not willing to offer a contract extension for Tyson Kidd and waiting for it to expire next month. https://twitter.com/MLW/status/774319455903944704
  • Seth Rollins might be dealing with another social media related problem after it was discovered his official Instagram account included him ridiculing Paige for her issues with the WWE.
  • WWE recently had an article on their website about how they found the tape for Last Battle of Atlanta and why it inspired WWE's Hell in a Cell idea. http://www.wwe.com/classics/last-bat...ta-rich-sawyer
  • According to reports, the late Rick Rude's son recently passed away after getting into a car accident last week.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote