View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #143
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by 2016 G1 Tournament:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following last Tuesday’s WWE Draft, the brand-extension promises to bring new beginnings for many in WWE.

And it will be a new beginning cosmetically too as new logos were revealed for both Raw and the newly revamped SmackDown Live on Friday afternoon.

The logos were unveiled by the general managers of each brand with Mick Foley tweeting the Raw logo and Daniel Bryan doing the same for SmackDown ...

The new logo for Raw:

And the new logo for SmackDown:
Quote:
In response to yesterday’s daily update, Jonathan Coachman tweeted, “for those who want to criticize I can't hear it over my 18 yrs of experience and friendship in and around the biz.”

This tweet came in response to yesterday's daily update lead story, written by Dave Meltzer, that criticized Coachmen for "speaking without thinking" about the realities of the compensation given to ex-wrestlers from Vince McMahon and WWE after they retire from the ring. Currently WWE is being sued by 53 former performers for compensation due to injuries suffered while working for WWE. Coachmen was speaking on ESPN in defense of WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With SummerSlam just 30 days away, it appears that WWE will NOT suspend Brock Lesnar for failing two USADA drug tests in conjunction with his fight against Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in time for Lesnar to return and work at the show. All week the word we were getting was that WWE would take no action against Lesnar, which I think is the wrong choice to make. I have said all along that I felt the best course of action was to suspend Brock right away so that he would be available to wrestle at SummerSlam against Randy Orton and if it later came out that the test was a false positive or if Brock failed for something that WWE didn’t test for, they could retract the suspension. Instead, by taking no action they open themselves up to a lot of uneasy questions and with the Investor Conference Call next Thursday and the build for SummerSlam meaning more media coverage of WWE, I would expect that they will be asked. I just hope WWE’s answer is not that Brock is not under the standard talent contract and thus is not subject to testing. I don’t think that answer will go over well if they choose to go in that direction and it would certainly then beg the follow up, “Who else in the company is not subject to testing?” If it comes out that he failed for clomiphene, as has been reported elsewhere, WWE could always suspend him then, but he would miss the show. Clomiphene is on the WWE Wellness list of banned substances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Following his backstage fight with Sin Cara this past Tuesday at the Smackdown taping in Worcester, MA, WWE star Simon Gotch of the Vaudevillians is not on the road as initially scheduled for this weekend's WWE live events. Gotch's partner Aiden English appeared on tonight's live event in Newark, NJ, losing to Apollo Crews in a singles bout, unaccompanied by Gotch.
At the moment, Sin Cara hasn't been punsihed for his part of the fight nor does it seem like he will.

Quote:
Rumors have arisen that WWE superstars Paige & Alberto Del Rio may no longer be dating ...

According to Daily Wrestling News, Paige and Del Rio were reportedly upset about the result of the draft, which many took to be a sign that they are angry at Vince McMahon for splitting them apart.

Adding fuel to the fire, on Thursday morning, a user observed that Paige had deleted all photos of Alberto Del Rio from her Instagram page. Others noted that Paige has in the past deleted Instagram photos following a breakup, as when she and guitar player Kevin Skaff split last year.

Given the conflicting schedules of Raw and SmackDown, it would make a lot of sense for Paige and Del Rio to break up, realizing that a relationship will be difficult to maintain given their hectic schedules and minimal days off. Some, however, have speculated that Del Rio could be traded to Raw or Paige could be traded to SmackDown; as noted by WrestleZone, Booker T implied on the SmackDown pre-show on Tuesday that performers could be traded between the shows.
Quote:
William Regal tweeted a story about Cruiserweight Classic competitor Kenneth Johnson overcoming a speech impediment to become a capable promo.
Link to the tweet: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nmm8j5

Quote:
Johnny Gargano will work his final show for EVOLVE on September 11th in Queens, NY. And his final independent match before becoming a full member of the NXT roster will be on September 23rd for hometown promotion AIW in Cleveland, OH. EVOLVE released a mini-doc about Gargano’s farewell yesterday.
Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling will run joint shows with Revolution Pro Wrestling in the United Kingdom on November 10th at York Hall in London and on November 11th at Walthamstow Assembly Hall in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Variety reported that Dwayne Johnson's production company Seven Bucks Productions will be developing a TV series titled 'Muscle Beach' for the USA Network. The series will be set in a bodybuilding gym in Venice Beach during the 80's. Johnson will be Executive Producing. Brian Gewirtz will be a producer.
Quote:
Hideo Itami’s arm that he had the shoulder surgery on is a lot smaller than the other arm, which means he’s not fully recovered. He’s also not the same performer at this point, and is also down ten to 15 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced that The Usos vs. Breezango will be the kickoff match for Sunday's Battleground PPV.
Quote:
Former WWE World Champion Kevin Nash recently appeared on Vince Russo's podcast on Podcast One. During the interview, he discussed a potential WWE return.

"People always say would you ever come back to wrestling and I say to myself I'd come back and be [Dolph] Ziggler's Diesel because that's all he needs," Nash said. "Number one, he's not a face. Ziggler is a heel and I wouldn't have to say a word because he can talk. I've already had mine. But for the bigger guys, he needs somebody to stomp them. He does the same thing Shawn [Michaels] did. He takes every bump in the world. He takes every beating from the guys and then usually they beat him. But to me, his in ring performance is as good as anybody's in the business right now. He works so hard.

"I'd like to teach him the little things that Shawn learned. Yeah, he can fly back on every bump but every third one is kind of nice to take a punch and bounce off the ropes. I mean, the ropes are there for a reason."

He later said that the only two things on earth that he would return to wrestling are for the opportunity to manage Ziggler or to form a new NWO stable.
Quote:
Mike Johnson of PWInsider is reporting that WWE is moving Lita out as producer/agent and moving her full time to a pre- & post-show panelist talent.

Lita has been an agent and creative writer for the WWE women’s division since 2015.

She has been apart of the pre-show panel for pay per views and NXT Takeover’s since finishing up filming Tough Enough in October 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The return of Impact to Thursday evening was well received as the 7/21 edition of Impact did 362,000 viewers in it's new timeslot of 8 - 10 PM. The episode featured a replay at 1 AM Eastern, bringing in an additional 48,000 viewers. That means the episode had 410,000 viewers total, equal to the well received Final Deletion episode.

That was up from from the "Destination X" branded edition of Impact, which brought in 358,000 viewers for the final Tuesday show.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to reports, Lince Dorado from the Cruiserweight Classic tournament has recently signed a deal with the WWE.
  • Cody Rhodes revealed on Twitter he will be wrestling at WCPW on October 6th. https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...20027721981952
  • According to PWI, WWE is letting certain wrestlers drafted to one brand appear on other brand shows at least for the very near future. Next week is planned for it to happen while its possible it could last till Summerslam since it is a joint brand ppv.
  • Recent episode of Talk Is Jericho podcast show had Bayley as the guest. http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/pro...93&pid=1664576
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote