View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #113
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Tut tut Noid.

Looking at a bit of detail; the season of NXT that he appeared on wasn’t even on SyFy. I can’t find any specifics for viewing figures once it went to a web-only show. Meanwhile you quote TNA’s current (awful) viewership when he’s been with the company since 2013 when viewership wasn’t so bad. The last episode on Spike did nearly 1mil in viewers - similar to the NXT on SyFy figures you quoted.

Ultimately I’m not all that bothered. I just think “Derrick” is a terrible name. Derrick is not a superstar, he’s a dork that works in IT.

It’s all moot anyway; give it 6 months he’d just be “Bateman”.
My point is that more people are familiar with NXT and the WWE things than the TNA things. Derrick Bateman has also appeared on SmackDown and Saturday Morning Slam. I know we live in a smarky-smark bubble, but most people don't even know TNA exists. This idea that his run there has been prestigious in any sense other than his performative development is ridiculous.

Most people probably have forgotten that Derrick Bateman ever existed. But those same people aren't exactly champing at the bit to get "Ethan Carter's" autograph either. I'm not trying to state that Derrick Bateman was a big star. Just don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me that EC3 is.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote