View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 10:49 AM   #229
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

I know this is a tad early to discuss, but with the next DLC character on the way, I was going over in my head as to who else might be on the way in future seasons. A.K.I., Ed, and Akuma are ready to drop for this season, but what's in store for the future? I made a list of previous characters and pondered how likely they'll be included down the road for this game. I'd like to see if any of you think differently.

Sagat: This guy is on the tongue of almost every player as far as who they want. He seemed like a waste in the previous game, but they started something with him that has room to pan out here. I'd be shocked if he never pops up, so I'll rate him 'Very likely'.

Sakura: With Ryu seemingly elevated to a status where he seems like a master, I don't see why she wouldn't be included as she's always wanted to be trained by him. I'm imagining some serious Drive Gauge combos from her. I see her as less likely than Sagat, though, as it looks like we've got plenty of youth-leaning characters already. I'll give her a 'Somewhat likely'.

F.A.N.G.: I wouldn't mind him, but with A.K.I. coming in and Shadoloo being a non-factor I don't know where he'd fit in. He gets a 'very unlikely'.

Ibuki: She seemed so out of place in the last two entries. She's a fan favorite, though, so I'll have to go with a moderate 'likely'. I could see her really benefitting from the Drive Rush mechanic.

Falke: I mean, Ed's going to be in it and they seem inseparable, but I just don't see people being that enthusiastic about her inclusion. I'll go with a 'somewhat unlikely'.

Balrog: His chances of being in are much higher than Falke's if we're talking about people who are connected to Ed. He gets a 'likely'.

Crimson Viper: Would the CIA have an interest in JP and his shenanigans? Her story and motivations seem to keep her shackled to Street Fighter 4. I just don't how they could bring her into this game's fold in a logical and interesting way. "Somewhat unlikely".

Dan: It'd have been hilarious if he were one of the "masters" you meet in World Tour mode. It could still happen! "Likely".

Vega: Like Viper and F.A.N.G., you'd need a really good explanation for his involvement. Of course, he's a legacy character, a popular one at that, so would it really matter? "Likely".

As far as new characters go, I'd be interested to see a character who is a student under Sagat. But unlike Adon, who is angry and disappointed at Sagat for his loss to Ryu, this character could be angry and vengeful towards Ryu and be on a mission to stand up for Sagat, hoping to gain approval or what have you. I don't know. What's on your mind?
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote