View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #7950
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
It Follows - I had heard good things but this was better than I thought. It's about this girl who fucks this guy and is informed that this ghost thing will follow her and kill her if it gets close enough and the only way to get rid of it is to fuck someone else. The concept sounds dumb on paper but it was well executed. Cool Detroit setting and the characters felt "real". The idea of a slow moving unrelenting creature following you around at all times is very unsettling to me, reminded me of this Jehovah witness kid named Adam that always tried to hang out with me. 8/10

The Trial - Orson Welles adaptation of the Franz Kafka story. Very cool cinematography/set design, but it felt a bit muddled and I didn't really like Anthony Perkins as Joseph K. 7/10

Labor Day - This movie is fucked, a total train-wreck that I can't believe was made in the year 2013. It's about an escaped convict (Josh Brolin) who kidnaps a sweaty housewife (Kate Winslet) and her kid (some kid) and they slowly grow to love him. I'll give y'all the low-down. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPIOLERS SRELIOPS

-The main kid is so dull and lame, he gives his mother a husband coupon book for her birthday, where he does husbandly things, he can't fuck her though, but knows that is what she needs.

- When Josh Brolin is not grabbing Kate Wislet by her mouth and hiding behind a door-frame, he is changing the oil on her car, waxing the floor, playing guitar, changing the furnace filter, making delicious food and teaching the neighbourhood kid with Cerebral Palsy how to play baseball.

- Bizarre and sensual pie making scene.

- After like three days Brolin has assumed the role of doting husband and stern but supportive father.

- Kid with cerebral palsy is tactlessly used for suspense. Brolin's mugshot appears on TV screen as his mother comes to pick him up, he tries forcing out Brolin's name but is slapped across the face by his impatient mother.

- It is decided that they will all flee for Canada, Brolin and Winslet make the kid go to the library to pick up a book on Newfoundland so they can learn about Canada and because they want to fuck.

- Kid has strong sexual urges and visions at night of little blonde classmate and women's eyes from Glamour magazine.

- We find out that Brolin went to jail for pushing his wife into a radiator because she was a slut, plus he was so busy killing his wife that he forgot about his baby in the tub, he's not such a bad guy after all.

- Kate Winslet has a severe nervous condition after having four miscarriages but her love for Brolin is beautiful and true and not because she is a broken down, lonely woman.

- Neighbour finds out about Brolin and he goes to jail. The movie jumps forward in time and the kid has grown into dull and lame Toby Maguire, he now owns a bakery and makes pies.

- Brolin is let out of jail and meets up with Winslet and they walk away hand in hand.
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote