View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #213
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFlyFlashy View Post
Well, I just googled that game your playing....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? Looks interesting....it's PS 1? Looks like an RPG? I like...

FF I
FF II
FF III
FF 7
FF 9
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Seceret of Mana

Is that game your playing up my ally????
The Persona series is a clear definition of a J-RPG. I like to play series in their entirety, which is really the only reason I've been playing through the earlier ones. You might like it, but I couldn't say for sure. The plot-lines are crazy, and the game is about fucking high school students, so proceed with caution. The series is best known for letting you talk your way out of a fight by socializing with the demons - its pretty bananas. Persona 1 and both parts of Persona 2 are PS1, and Persona 3 and 4 (the better games of the series, from what I've heard) are on the PS2.

As for PS1 RPGs, Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics are the first obvious ones that aren't on your list. I've always heard good things about Suikoden and the Grandia series, but haven't played them myself. I know Assman plays old RPGs all the time, he might be more opinionated.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote