View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #156
mike adamle
His name is Jeff Harvey

mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
On the topic of Cornette/Foley, I was just thinking about this on my drive back from work:

I'm not sure if Corny will take it this way, but I think there's a case to make for this being a bit of a personal slight. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but think about it. Let's say I was in the music industry once upon a time, and there was a new producer that was releasing stuff and it was overly simplistic, effortless, and the dude was blocking off real artists from getting gigs. Let's say it's because he uses real simple lyrics and shitty autotune. And whether or not you agree with my assessment of it being tasteless and having a bad effect on live music or not, but that dude then releases a song with a good friend of mine in that exact same vein -- it makes me look like a bit of an asshole, haha.

I mean, I doubt Mick was thinking about Cornette. Maybe Ryan wasn't either. But regardless, it's just a bit...man, it's just a bit disappointing. I would consider whether or not I should feel betrayed by that. I mean, even if my friend didn't feel the same way about the music industry, and felt that autotuned repetitive bullshit wasn't polluting the scene and wasn't hurting more serious artists and making their music harder to find, I would probably not do it on principle. Because it's not like I don't have a back catalogue of stuff, and it's not like I'm not basically retired from the music industry. I'd probably just nix the idea and say "I actually get what you are trying to do, man, but it's just something I can't bring myself to do. But if you've got some young up-and-comer on your album, I'll record proper vocals with them, or something."

I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking realistically. But I actually think Cornette has good cause to feel personally insulted that Foley would work with Ryan. I wouldn't feel the same about Foley doing something with Omega though. I think it's because Omega actually tries now.
I don't know what's more embarrassing; this post or the fact that this is what you think about on your ride home from work. Pathetic.
mike adamle is offline   Reply With Quote