View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #2385
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Because it's a fourth sequel?

Lets be honest, when they're trying their hardest to poke you on the shoulder and say "Hey this is a T2 sequel in case you didn't know", it matters. The movie itself was a 5/10.

The only enjoyment I got out of it were moments like Arnold's cameo, or the Guns N Roses song, or catchphrase lines like "Come with me if you want to live" and "I'll be back"

That's why the past movies have bearing on it. Those moments are only cashing in off the viewers previous memories. They're not offering anything new. It's a nostalgia moment. It doesn't make the film good, it just makes you smile a little bit based on the other films.
So yea, that's why that stuff matters. Don't try to act like there isn't an interextual criteria present. The whole gimmick of the movie is that it's a sanctioned predecessor of T2, and the 30 seconds sum total of the movie that is quality is clinging to that.

So yes, I enjoyed some of it. It was a pretty bad movie, but is elevated to just mediocre because of a few moments. They don't make it a good film. I'd enjoy them just as much in a video game. Get it?
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote