View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #92
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Ohio State had the bestest season ever last year. I think you can deal with "only" going to a NY6 game.
a) Yes, I can. But you know what would make it sit better with me? If they didn't play like absolute garbage against "the OTHER team up north". Their defensive front uncharacteristically shit the bed, being that Ohio State usually boasts a pretty strong D line perenially even when their playmakers on the other side aren't producing. Why they decided to take a nap on the field during the one game in the season that truly mattered* is beyond me.

b) I can, how ever, always take consolation in the fact that Ohio State not only won out last year, but did it against 1- the almighty SEC heroes in Alabamma, and then 2- against Oregon in a game that one season sooner, wouldn't have happened for the National Championship (and I still don't see how they kept voting Florida State as #1... they weren't really that good, even within in the ACC) . Without the playoffs, the two teams that didn't make it would have automatically been playing for the right to be called number one.

c) Unmentioned, but worth adding, I really hope they eventually at least do the 8 team thing. 16 would be ideal, but at least with 8, you can cover the major conference champs, and then have a couple of spots left for "outstanding" or still undefeated teams that may not make the top 4. There wouldn't be room to screw a team just so a Notre Dame can get consideration, or if you get a school on a few season long hot streak like a TCU or a Boisie State have had in the past, and "nobody" wants to play them, so they don't get the proper respect and will never get enough upvotes when onfield play could prove them right more than pundits. Yes, this would have no bearing on the Buckeyes this year, but it would be a better system overall... provided they don't always try to shoehorn extra SEC teams in those spots.

*in the bigger, immediate playoff picture, I meant. Ohio State/Michigan is still "the" game, even if both squads are winless, coaches have lost their jobs on the strength of that rivalry record in spite of managable or marginally successful seasons.