Thread: E3 2017 Baybee
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #260
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
God forbid small developers try to be creative, and craft unique visuals and gameplay.

I still do not understand this problem you have with indie developers. If the gameplay is legit great, then what is the problem? Are developers just not allowed to experiment with different art styles and gameplay ideas? Are they supposed to just endlessly make new shooters, rpgs and espirts games?

Fuck that. Ori and the Blind Forest is more beautiful and striking than a lot of games out there. And it plays fantastic. Limbo is more creepy and unnerving than most horror games. And it plays fantastic. I could go on. I've been an advocate for these types of games since they staryed showing up on live arcade. Not because I'm some pretentious hipster, but because its creativity unbound by publisher bullshit, and I appreciate the unique ideas and visuals that said unbridled creativity brings.
I love me some indie goodness, but MS's whole theme was ULTRA REAL 4K HD EXCLUSIVE 4K WORLD PREMEIRE 4K TERRAFLOPS EXCLUSIVE and then they show a bunch of indie games that don't really need 4k to shine. I found it funny from that perspective, but otherwise agree with you
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote