Thread: E3 2017 Baybee
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 04:07 AM   #255
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
So many shitty hipster artsy bullshit at Microsoft's conference.
God forbid small developers try to be creative, and craft unique visuals and gameplay.

I still do not understand this problem you have with indie developers. If the gameplay is legit great, then what is the problem? Are developers just not allowed to experiment with different art styles and gameplay ideas? Are they supposed to just endlessly make new shooters, rpgs and espirts games?

Fuck that. Ori and the Blind Forest is more beautiful and striking than a lot of games out there. And it plays fantastic. Limbo is more creepy and unnerving than most horror games. And it plays fantastic. I could go on. I've been an advocate for these types of games since they staryed showing up on live arcade. Not because I'm some pretentious hipster, but because its creativity unbound by publisher bullshit, and I appreciate the unique ideas and visuals that said unbridled creativity brings.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote