View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 11:24 PM   #14988
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What does everyone think the main event for WrestleMania 32 will be? Jim Ross called Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar, but I just can't see it. I think Brock gets his hands on Rollins at SummerSlam or even earlier.

I think the main event will probably involve John Cena next year. He's been the WWE's flag-bearer for a decade now, and although he has made way for some other guys at the past two WrestleMania shows, he hasn't really stepped out of the spotlight, and I don't think we've seen our very last Cena WrestleMania main event. He seems like a good choice to be heading into Dallas as the defending World Champion against a guy set to "replace" him. While it wouldn't be my pick, Cena vs. Reigns has to be a very likely option, doesn't it?

Another possibility is that Cena wins his third Royal Rumble and chases for his 16th World Title heading into WrestleMania. Or imagine if he sneaks in a reign between now and WrestleMania, and he's chasing his record-breaking 17th World Title? That's the sort of hook that could get people slightly more interested in the biggest Mania ever.

A lot of people probably don't think this will happen, but I wouldn't rule out of the possibility of Cena vs. Bryan in the main event of Mania either. Bryan still hasn't won a Royal Rumble, and although Vince might not see him as "the guy," there's no doubt that 100,000 people chanting "YES!" is a moment the company is going to want to achieve. They've managed to keep Cena and Bryan oddly separate since their SummerSlam match, which makes me think that they see dollar signs in another encounter between the two.

But I guess that match is also possible without it being for the World Title, given that both men walked out with a secondary title at Mania this year. Perhaps winning them and going on to headline the following year could be used to highlight the importance of those titles. You could possibly telegraph a potential WrestleMania 33 main event by simply looking at who the IC and US Champions are after WrestleMania 32.

I have a feeling that we may get the Triple Threat between Shield members that many were falling for this year in Dallas. Is it big enough to headline Mania? I'm not feeling that, even if Reigns and Rollins (technically) were given the shot this year. Plus, that would be the third Triple Threat (technically) to headline in three years. But if Reigns is tangled up with Cena, where does that leave Rollins? Given his size, skill level and persona -- he'd make a very good foil for The Undertaker to retire against at WrestleMania. But do they do Taker vs. Sting in one of those "spectacle" matches? Maybe they put The Shield back together to face a necessary evil? You know, a match against The Wyatt Family at WrestleMania would be pretty incredible...

Who does Lesnar face? I'd be interested in seeing Brock vs. Bryan, but I feel that this year was the year for that. I can't help but feel that despite everything, Vince is going to reach out to Stone Cold Steve Austin for one giant match. Lesnar vs. Austin would be fucking massive, and arguably the biggest thing they could put on the show. But Brock is basically a face now. Do you just have him be Brock Lesnar -- neither face nor heel -- in his own little paradigm? The heel pool for Brock to face is considerably smaller than the face one. Sheamus? Bray Wyatt?

Does the company reach out to Batista? Who does he face? Orton? Does he just do a run-in and try to help Triple H beat Rock? He's probably the sort of guy that can just come out and Powerbomb someone and it'd be more interesting than him working a full match.

How does this look for a WrestleMania 32 card? Too unrealistic?:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

The Beast vs. The Rattlesnake
Brock Lesnar vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

If The Rock wins, Ronda Rousey gets Stephanie McMahon in a Hair vs. Hair Match
Triple H vs. The Rock

The Undertaker vs. Sting

Six-Man Tag Team Match
The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family

United States Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Finn Balor

Triple Threat Match for the Divas Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Paige vs. Sasha Banks

WWE Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Bad News Barrett (c) vs. The Usos

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Rusev vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens vs. Neville vs. Tyson Kidd

Andre the Giant Memorial Kickoff Battle Royal
Featuring Big Show, Kane, Hideo Itami, The Miz, Damien Sandow, Tyler Breeze, The Great Khali, The New Age Outlaws, and whoever else is meant to be a big deal at the time

Kickoff Match
Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote