View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #14979
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
That's a fair point. In the build they can also revisit Bryan being a pain in The Authority's side and the like, so while Kane doesn't exactly seem deserving of a title match it would be exactly the kind of slimy thing The Authority would try to do to get more gold in their camp.

Frankly I can see Big Show getting a shot at Cena and the US Title before long for much the same reason, and because WWE just love to put over Cena hitting the AA on Big Show as a unique, never-before-seen thing even though it's happened a million times.

Anyway, if Kane comes up short against Bryan I wouldn't be averse to the Authority sending him home for a while. As played out as Kane is the fans would probably go nuts the day he returned as a face. Hopefully he'd then retire soon thereafter on a somewhat high note before they make a further joke of him.

Thinking about it, I do wonder how much more Kane could have in the tank. I remember when he won the ECW Title in a matter of seconds at WrestleMania 24 it was widely reported to be a "thank you" to him as he would wind down his career within the next few months. 7 years later and he's still going.
I'm surprised Big Show and Kane didn't win the Tag Team Titles heading into WrestleMania, to be honest. Well, Cesaro & Kidd were doing great as a team, but it wouldn't have shocked me to see Big Show & Kane given another run together as The Authority's guys.

You brought up the ECW Title win. I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a farewell for Kane or a way to try and make him look like a super-beast and give a boost to the ECW brand. That being said, I thought his loss alongside the New Age Outlaws to The Shield at WrestleMania last year was supposed to be a torch-passing moment.

If Bray Wyatt had beaten The Undertaker at WrestleMania, it wouldn't have been too far-fetched to have had Bray brag about it and Kane to take umbrage with that and go after Bray, putting him over at Extreme Rules. Going over Taker and Kane at back-to-back PPVs could have been a nice little deal for Wyatt heading into Money in the Bank.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote