View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #14977
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I get what you are saying, but I'd actually do this as a last big shot for Kane to be near the top of the card. Bryan could make "The Demon" Kane tap-out and it could be presented as a pretty big deal. You can have Kane disappear for a bit after this if you feel the need and he doesn't want to retire.

Bad News Barrett can attack Bryan after the match as he celebrates on stage. The crowd would absolutely hate on Barrett for attacking their hero after a hard-fought victory, and it gives them more reason to fight than "rematch."

The next PPV would be Payback, and a post-match assault would give Bryan a reason to search for payback against Barrett -- and Barrett can talk about getting payback for Bryan stealing his title in a Ladder Match.

Sheamus can beat Ziggler up so badly at Extreme Rules (after a competitive match) that Ziggler's pride is hurt enough that he is looking for Payback against Sheamus too. Perhaps Sheamus actually makes Ziggler submit at Extreme Rules, and the loss haunts Ziggler for a month?
That's a fair point. In the build they can also revisit Bryan being a pain in The Authority's side and the like, so while Kane doesn't exactly seem deserving of a title match it would be exactly the kind of slimy thing The Authority would try to do to get more gold in their camp.

Frankly I can see Big Show getting a shot at Cena and the US Title before long for much the same reason, and because WWE just love to put over Cena hitting the AA on Big Show as a unique, never-before-seen thing even though it's happened a million times.

Anyway, if Kane comes up short against Bryan I wouldn't be averse to the Authority sending him home for a while. As played out as Kane is the fans would probably go nuts the day he returned as a face. Hopefully he'd then retire soon thereafter on a somewhat high note before they make a further joke of him.

Thinking about it, I do wonder how much more Kane could have in the tank. I remember when he won the ECW Title in a matter of seconds at WrestleMania 24 it was widely reported to be a "thank you" to him as he would wind down his career within the next few months. 7 years later and he's still going.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote