View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #34405
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Honestly Noid, Dick Beyer is one of the greatest masters of psycology in the history of the business, but if you thought about his matches as much as you're thinking about this spot, you could verbally destroy them.

What I'm saying is, maybe hit a blunt and chill your brain before you watch any wrestling. Because its clearly working overtime on something that really doesn't warrant it.
I think what bothers me about it is that it is heralded as great. I liked the first Omega/Okada -- it was a solid **** match to me (I hate rating things, but there you go). I think that even if you consider something flawless (which it can't be, even by fans' own admissions that the second match might have been even better), you need to give things time to breathe to determine that lasting legacy as to whether or not it is truly a ***** match. Austin/Bret you can probably do that with, because it was 20 years ago and we know what it did to Austin's career, etc.

I haven't seen the second match yet, but this sort of buzz around "Look at Omega fall down instead of taking the move he is being set up for" makes me want to not. I'm cool with things being flawed and people making mistakes and bad choices. Daniel Bryan has made mistakes in the ring. Whatever, it's cool. It's just the buzz around some of these annoying choices that puts me off.

It may not have even rubbed me the wrong way if it weren't shared as a gif for the yucks, honestly, but if that's the spot used as a teaser for the match, which I'm sure is great, then it actually puts me off.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote