Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #510
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah I definitely need to up my PC a bit at some point. On everything lowest settings game is relatively smooth, when I got to Boston Commons area though my framerate took a nosedive and it's been mildly low since then.

Hoping for a great deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a new GPU, should solve most of the issue. My CPU is like 8 years old but still should be fine (AMD Phenom II X6 1055T).

Nerdish hardware question for y'all: I've always ascribed to the notion that "AMD CPU + AMD GPU" and "Intel CPU + nVidia GPU" for compatibility or whatever. I have an AMD CPU so my GPU is a Radeon card. Everything I'm reading though is saying that that's not necessarily the case anymore, and in the past couple years AMD has really dropped off and nVidia cards are pretty much superior in every way. So I guess my question is, should I be looking for the best AMD card I can get, or simply look for a great nVidia card since they appear to be objectively better now? (with no concern for my CPU type)
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote